Just Powered Up New Build..Need Help Please!

Associate
Hi

Have just built my first pc, powered it on fine no probs (all POST tests fine), pressed F1 to enter BIOS, everything looks good....then my partner accidentally hits the reset button on top of the case (thinking it was the fan LED light button!!!) & now the pc has restarted with the message " Reboot & select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device & press a key". Can anyone advise me on what I am meant to do here please???:confused: Thanks in advance.

RJC

RJC

Don
Have you installed the operating system on any drives yet?

Basically the system can't find a drive with a operating system on to boot from or it may be looking at a USB stick or another drive.

Associate
Sounds like perfectly normal behaviour to me! Basically it's skipped past the "F1 for BIOS" stage, has looked for something to boot from, and found nothing - hence the message.

Sort out your boot device priority and get an OS installed!

RJC

RJC

Don
Pop back into the BIOS and set the DVD to the first boot device, insert the Win 7 disc and then save and reboot, then follow the on screen instructions.

Associate
OP
Have just turned pc back on & this time I'm not even getting the message come up, all I'm seeing on my monitor is a black screen with a cursor flashing in the top left hand corner! I can't get in to the BIOS, therefore can't set boot drive...please help.

RJC

RJC

Don
It might be the case its not seeing the keyboard or your key press quick enough, try shutting the pc off, give it a few mins then restart but keep pressing the Del key until hopefully the BIOS appears.

Back
Top Bottom