Just refitted my TJ07

Associate
About a year ago I shelved my lovely old TJ07 for a Cosmos II, and sure, it was a hell of a lot easier to work on (minus the lack of removable motherboard tray) but it was just so boring to look at! After going to sell my modded TJ07 I found that nobody really wanted to buy them anymore, and I'll be damned if I'm going to give my beloved case away for nothing!

I consider this case to be the classic car of chassis- she's old, slightly impractical and not easy to work on, I mean, nobody was routing cables round the back of the motherboard tray at this point. But it looks good, has some soul to it and the work you put into it makes it that much more rewarding and you can truly say it's yours. Also, removable motherboard tray, I mean, why is that not more of a thing?

So I'm selling my Cosmos II and gave my TJ07 an overhaul to make it look better and more ease of use. You can see the original worklog in my signature, which is where the bulk of it was done, here I just added a bit to it. New front panel, cut some better cable managment (makes getting the right side panel on a lot easier too!) full braided cables, and old school internal wire fan grills. Made an adapter plate so the PSU isn't held in with double sided 3M tape. Oh, and all new parts. Here's how she's looking now!

R3FRfIt.jpg

bxTnyvF.jpg

nwUsuQP.jpg

kZk40uy.jpg

iSWlh4T.jpg

H68h8Ro.jpg

ffFIyV8.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
That is really nice, if you were ever to give away that case I'll take it!!!

Why did you replace it with a boring black cosmos II?

I actually did the same with my modded Antec 1200. Did a fantastic paint job and then I decided to replace it with a boring Fractal R3. Biggest mistake of my life as I sold the Antec 1200.

Associate
OP
I replaced her for the practicality of the Cosmos II, but I came back to her in the end! It was so dull and soulless. It takes a lot of effort to do anything with the TJ07, before the modding I did very recently it took around 10 mins to get the right side panel on!

But I'm so happy I changed back, now need to get rid of the Cosmos II though and it's taking up half my room!

Half the reason for the initial modding was to make it suitable for air cooling. Watercooling is awesome and looks fantastic, but I can''t justify the cost or effort. Plus it renders the removable motherboard tray useless, which is one of my favorite bits! After using the Cosmos II for a while, this feels like a mini ITX!

Associate
Hey bro cool TJ07 - very similiar to mine in fact (although yours looks better hands down!).

I was just wondering how you got the front panel flush?

I used double sided sticky tape but it sticks out and isnt in line with the rest of the front?

Cheers

Associate
OP
What do you mean exactly? I cut the front panel on my school's laser cutter from a single sheet, then glued on 'tabs' with drilled holes that you secure like an optical drive- it's not the original front panel!

The real problem for me was the side panel, I'm sure mine just don't fit!

Back
Top Bottom