• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just sold my 5700 XT for £740

OcUK Staff
Keep your panties on Gibbo
but as your asking yes ocuk are one of the worst scalpers out of all retailers

Our pricing is not the worse, far from it, earlier this week you could get a 6700 XT from here for £650, new stock and cheapest is now around £699, plenty of competitors out there still at £800 plus, making OcUK one of the more competitive. Many of times we are cheapest, we have also done market leading forum only deals, but it cannot be sustained all the time, when we get decent volumes we do deals, unfortunately decent volumes don't exist any more, product is more short than ever currently.

We will never be the cheapest, sometimes we might be one of the more expensive, sometimes were one of the cheaper ones, that is just how it works.

And I will always say if you see a deal, buy it because in the current climate deals tend to be a scarce thing due to supply chain issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
So it is OK for you charge £740 for a very dated card and make over £300 profit.
Yet OcUK is disgusting?

Well said mate.

People who complain about pc store prices should commit to resell their hardware at no more than they paid for it. In fact I believe there should be a law that prohibits anyone from reselling a 2nd hand item item for more than they paid.

Soldato
Well said mate.

People who complain about pc store prices should commit to resell their hardware at no more than they paid for it. In fact I believe there should be a law that prohibits anyone from reselling a 2nd hand item item for more than they paid.
+1 on that .... loads of us could make a bunch of cash flogging our 3xxx cards but it ain't the point.
ps i will add I let someone have a spare 3060 for £20 less than i paid. £350. It was unopened.

Associate
Yeah makes no sense having a dig when you can increase your performance with a new GPU and still have change.

Those gamers who did get a card in the deals will be appreciative for sure.

Associate
I mean, our 2nd hands GPUs are only worth that much because the retailers are absolutely scalping them on the first place, if stores werent selling them for rip off prices on the first place then the 2nd hand ones wouldnt be worth as much either so dont expect people to undercut their 2nd hand GPU prices while stores keep their blatant extortionate prices.

Associate
The current prices are madness.

I paid £220 for my Vega 56 when they were eol, now it's "worth" £450+ on eBay.

That was a great deal by ocuk when I bought it.

Problem is even if I make a profit on my old card I will be paying the increased prices for the replacement (I will try for the FE lottery)

As for the high prices on available cards on ocuk. I would rather buy one form here at the premium than have all the reputable shops out of stock and have no option than scalpers.

Associate
OP
So it is OK for you charge £740 for a very dated card and make over £300 profit.
Yet OcUK is disgusting?

not just ocuk that charge massively over the MSRP or put prices up by 80 overnight. People have no option but to pay stupid prices for new GPUs. Card only sold at that price because of mining. The 6600xt is a crap mining card. The advert had a best offer so they didn’t have to use the but it now option. I put mine up lower than what other cards have gone for.

Associate
^^ MSRP is a myth. Don't put hope into that. That's why you guys still hold into that "expectation" to get something at "dream price". Having those expectations, you have that thought that a 6700XT sells here for 700£ is a scam... I just found 2 good deals on the OcUK at the moment. Look at 6900XT, MSRP was roughly 850£, I got deals for 1200£; which is a decent price following the market trend.

@Why the hell a 5700XT worth so much at the moment? Is not much stronger then a 3060 (if)

OcUK Staff
not just ocuk that charge massively over the MSRP or put prices up by 80 overnight. People have no option but to pay stupid prices for new GPUs. Card only sold at that price because of mining. The 6600xt is a crap mining card. The advert had a best offer so they didn’t have to use the but it now option. I put mine up lower than what other cards have gone for.

OcUK does not price them above MSRP because we’re disgusting we price them above MSRP because they cost us to buy trade way beyond the MSRP!

At current prices we make far less than the £300 you have made.

Associate
^ That's what I was pointing at. You mentioned before that you can't buy at MSPR as a retailer so how the hell to sell it at that price? :))
I guess some users don't understand that MSPR is beyond misleading at the moment.

Soldato
What would £740 buy in the nvidia world? New or second hand. Would consider punting my 5700xt!

A 3080FE at £650 and £90 in your pocket. If you get lucky as that's a unicorn card at the mythical MSRP from Nvidia from one supplier in the UK only.

AIB cards well we all know the reality of that one and the prices. For £740 AIB cards well a 3060Ti is now the only one if you can find them as 3070s are now £900 when in stock.

The FE cards are the only ones priced at MSRP and very short supply and now they vanish in seconds once up even 3090s and 3080tis vanish in less than a minute, 3060ti,3070,3070ti vanish in under 30secs and 3080s good luck if they appear like they did in europe other day was gone second the alert came up and by time the page loaded they were gone , so they either had less than 5 or they are botted to hell.

Prices for gpus is a mess that is not ending this gen or next gen, look at AIB prices now 3090s are now £3k and 3080tis are £2k and selling out once they come up. All this has said is next gen is going to have a silly starting MSRP and if they come with a low MSRP it will be a myth again and street prices will be double to 3x as they are now.

Best advice if you see a bargain even if it is a card below the one you wanted get it and be happy till this mess comes to some sort of end and if it doesn't well things will only be more expensive and you managed to get a bargain. You can't be picky these days and just get what you can use for now and at a "sensible" price for now.

Associate
The GPU market certainly is crazy. I bought 2x used 980Ti on ebay for £150 each in the autumn of 2019. I sold them last month for £250 each when I got lucky and found a 3080Ti at a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom