Just sold my first car - feel so empty :(

Soldato
Who knew you could get so attached to some metal :(

I am going to Canada in a few months for a year or two so I sold my Fiesta, she was my first car, had her for 3 years after getting her from the local Ford garage (she was an ex demo model).

I felt so sad watching the new owner drive off with her :(

I'm gonna go buy chocolate.

xdpaIIo.jpg

7wH9ve4.jpg

Soldato
They'll be cheaper when you come back :) (to buy again that is)

Mt first car went to my brother when I left the UK, then 5 months later to the crusher :(

Soldato
OP
They'll be cheaper when you come back :) (to buy again that is)

Mt first car went to my brother when I left the UK, then 5 months later to the crusher :(

If I come back I'll prob try and get a 350Z, I've wanted one for so long :)

Your brother total it then? Hopefully no injuries if it was an accident!

Soldato
OP
luckily just wear and tear on an '86 Polo

Enjoy Canada, I never made it there (yet) did 4 years NZ/OZ first and never made it over there. WHV I presume?

Yup, the old IEC - was made redundant in December (I could have stayed but opted with the payout) - cleared my debts, got 5K left over which will fund my 3 months travelling around the USA (fly April 3rd) and the car sale is my parachute fund for Canada - I will obviously be working there though, so this sale just makes sure I got enough emergency cash to help out, don't plan on spending it all... :)

Soldato
OP
How much did you sell it for? Funnily enough I'm looking at a 3/4 year old fiesta atm as my first car! :o

I had it up for £7500 - in the end I let her go for £6800; I only had a little bit of interest and going in a few weeks I didn't have a lot of time to play the waiting game; the guy was really keen though and I think he will take good care of it.

Associate
May I ask what model it is and trim, how many miles etc? Just wondering as thats pretty much the budget i set myself of around 7k. Sat in one the other day and i've got to say it was lovely, a lot nicer than my dads clunky Zafira :D

Soldato
OP
May I ask what model it is and trim, how many miles etc? Just wondering as thats pretty much the budget i set myself of around 7k. Sat in one the other day and i've got to say it was lovely, a lot nicer than my dads clunky Zafira :D

Zetec S 1.6 Petrol
Street Pack (skirting etc...)
Bluetooth hands free and voice control
air con
25,600 miles
full leather interior (blue pack I think or something?)

Associate
I sold my first car (a classic Mini) recently and felt a bit guilty about letting it go. I consoled myself by thinking how much more comfortable a modern car would be in winter though and how I wouldn't need to keep paying for welding.

Man of Honour

1362874150.jpg

Soldato
My proper first car was mk4 golf 1.4 sold to my parents after 6 months but they had another 6 years. Sold it to a close mate who wrecked it a short time later and then had it crushed was quite sad about that even though it was not going to last much longer :(

Back
Top Bottom