Justified or gun happy?

Soldato
OP
Surely in a nation that spends so much on lethal weaponry development has come up with no lethal ways of disarming people these days? Or perhaps a couple of bullets are the cheaper option?

Soldato
OP
I assume they were aware or of whether he was deaf or not?
Or that he was not in someway mentally challenged or whatever the PC term is for those that are not and did not fully understand what was being said to him?

There are plenty of non lethal ways of disarming people, normal police patrols don't always have access to them though.

Surely this sort of kit is carried in the patrol cars which police use as walking the beat is a thing of the past.

Soldato
OP
It has been mentioned police officers should where video cameras to record their actions. Why will that make a difference as there are many cases of police being caught on camera beating the crap out of unarmed people and getting away with it.

Soldato
OP
And surprise surprise a video has also been released. Just waiting on the TV interviews with the family of the victim and of course the police office involved in the shooting which is the way our American cousins seem to investigate these sorts of things.

Soldato
OP
The officer shot within 2 seconds of exiting his car, his partner hadn't even got out of the car by the time the cop shot at him.

The cop panicked and shot the boy way too quickly by the looks of it.

I have just seen that mentioned on the news, how on earth did he manage to ask the kid to raise his hands three times in 2 seconds I wonder?

Soldato
OP
Watched the brief video on Channel 4 news last night and in it the police car has barely stopped before the kid drops to the ground. So how the cops called for him to drop the weapon three times before shooting him is a little puzzling.

Back
Top Bottom