K render vs painted render.

Soldato
just seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfowNCr_L_A

person in the video is complaining about how difficult k render is to clean.

I have been considering k render to replace all of the pea shingle painted finish on the exterior of my home. I've seen a lot of properties near me using k render.

what are all of your thoughts?

Soldato
A lot of people do moan about K rend staining which is actually algae growth and is usually either green or a red/pink, all it takes is spraying it with an anti fungal treatment once a year and it'll be fine.

I've got one of those pump up sprayer bottles and i go round and do the house and the patio once a year which takes me 30 mins and it all still looks as if it was brand new.

Maybe if you leave it years it might really take hold and be hard to clean perhaps but it's still a lot easier and cheaper than having to have the whole house painted ever few years.

I really like the k rend finish, as its not completely smooth and has a slight sparkle to it when the sun hits.

Soldato
OP
thats just an extra job

surely the other render + paint at the time would be better long term 4-8 years
rather than applying sealant every year. have to get a ladder or scaffolding again

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
thats just an extra job

surely the other render + paint at the time would be better long term 4-8 years
rather than applying sealant every year. have to get a ladder or scaffolding again

Don't quote me on it but if I remember most of the sealants I looked at were between 10-15 years between applications

Back
Top Bottom