kaspersky

Associate
Mine gave me an error I was unprotected I had to login to the website to update to fix the issue and re verify my account after the update via email.

"Event: Update error
Component: Protection
Reason: The update source cannot be found"

I've already updated though removing may not help.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yeah why stop using 7-zip? Pure political outcry for an otherwise perfectly fine tool. Defender on the other hand is the only AV suit needed on Windows. uBlock Origin on your browser (it's available on all major browsers) thereafter for ad and tracking source blocking etc.

Associate
Yes. Don’t use 7zip either.
Because a free and open source file archive software made by a single Russian developer is obviously the same as security software made by a Russian company with FSB links?

You'll probably be fine with Kaspersky, but with what is going on security concerns are not illogical. Personally I uninstalled it shortly after the invasion started.

Soldato
The people advising to uninstall Kaspersky and use Microsoft Security Essentials shouldn't be trusted either. Microsoft Security Essentials hasn't existed for near on 5 years.

But yes, uninstall Kaspersky. It is and always has been utter tripe.

Soldato
Stopped using Kaspersky when Barclays did away with the free perk and with the whole Russia thing even back then, I didn't see the need to renew it. Windows Defender was getting better and better results on AV comparatives website so have stuck with the baked in option ever since.

Soldato
The people advising to uninstall Kaspersky and use Microsoft Security Essentials shouldn't be trusted either. Microsoft Security Essentials hasn't existed for near on 5 years.

But yes, uninstall Kaspersky. It is and always has been utter tripe.

I meant to say Windows defender. Same pig, different lipstick :p

Back
Top Bottom