Keegan resigns + club to be bought out?

Permabanned
Not really board related stuff but that tackle, if you can even call it that from Guthrie broke Fagan's leg. He's expected to be out for around 3 months, pretty silly if you ask me.

Permabanned
If he done that in the street he would be in court for assult, I don't see why football is any different. Guthrie is young but he needs to be made an example of so this doesn't continue in the future.

Soldato
Yes very well, but Middlesbrough will never win the premiership or champions league..

and Arsenal have fallen behind.

Only Man Utd could be an exception, simply because they have been up the top since the premiership began.

Chelsea got instant success pretty much once they got their billionaire owner.

a lot of Newcastle fans probably won't accept another 10year building from the bottom.

We probably couldnt do a Wenger because in the current footballing climate not enough time is given. Football is so different from 1996, he came in and fair do's he did well from the off because times were different, the league was far inferior to what is now.

I'm not really sure Arsenal have fallen behind per se. I only think they're a player or two away from being a team capable of winning the Premiership, and the only reason they didn't get that player or two this summer is because of over inflated prices. But they're still doing pretty well minus a slip up at Fulham, but Man Utd showed at the weekend that everybody has bad games. I personally don't think Arsenal have what it takes this season to win but I'm certainly not writing them off yet, somebody might come in during the January window and they might go on to win a trophy.

Don
He broke the guys leg so I agree with the above. Ban him for the same length of time Fagan takes to recover from his leg break?

I agree that players should get longer than 3 games for certain challenges but you can't base it on how long the injured player is out for.

For example what Guthrie done to Fagan was no worse than Fagan stamping on Arbeloa last season but as Arbeloa didn't get injured does that mean Fagan doesn't deserve the same punishment?

Imo when it's clear that a players gone in to injure another, like Guthri done to Fagan or Fagan on Arbeloa etc, they should get an extended ban (something like 8 or 9 games) but you can't base it on the injury as 2 identical challenges could end up breaking 1 players leg and doing no damage on another.

Don
No. Kuyt didn't launch himself at Neville but in front of him to try and block the ball and he certainly didn't try and injure him. The tackle was wreckless and he should have been sent off though.

Soldato
Can he be punished further as he was sent off? I though retrospective punishment could only be applied if the incident was not dealt with at the time?

for certain things they are aloud to extend bans, but its in extreme cases, was something about it last season when some idiots wanted whoever broke eduardo's leg to hang from a tree, but the league decided no further action was needed as it wasnt a malicious challenge, he just got skinned and was very careless.
Looks like Guthries going to fit well into newcastle's midfield, hes already got his first red card, Butt Smith Barton are brilliant rolemodels!

Don
Breaking on SSN that Newcastle are in talks with Zabeel Investments over a takeover deal with Ashley asking for $860m.

From what i know of Zabeel Investments, they're a fairly small (compared with DIC, ADUG etc) investment company in Dubai and iirc they were going to be a minority investor as part of DIC's initial bid to buy Liverpool.

Soldato
Why the **** would some wealthy Russian or Arab want to buy Newcastle when all the fans do is go mental every time something goes wrong? Their fans are idiots.

Obviously, although you're judgement might be coloured by your own bias.

The only other times I remember were when Keegan sold Cole (considering he'd been a Talisman at the time and was the focus of our attacking play) and when McKeag was still in charge in the 80s.

In fact, what annoys me is that the fans protests are generally very disorganised. It's not like we are (well, from what I've seen, I've been away for the weekend) burning effigies of Mike Ashley like MU fans were of the Glazers when they took over.

Jesus, they went and formed their own club, but no-ones having a go at them because they aren't the Daily Mail & SSNs whipping boy

Back
Top Bottom