Keep getting this error pop up..Malware/Spyware?

Associate
Hi,

I keep getting this error pop up

I have ran windows defender/malware bytes/zemana free/adw cleaner/ESET online(doing another scan now after all the other once removed more things) all are now clear! each picked up a few things ( I have only been using the built in windows for about 2 years)

After removing everything with said programs and re-installing/resetting chrome this pop up now comes about every 5 mins after boot.

Said folder is not actual there even with hidden folders being shown. Google somehow does not bring up any results for the path mentioned "yiyu\xmhl.dkk".

I really want to avoid a format and reinstall!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sean

Associate
Google seems to indicate you've ended up with malware after potentially installing cracked software....not sure I've seen any easy fixes though. Can you pin down what you've installed recently?

Associate
OP
It could have been a version of PowerDVD I tried as the trial version did not support HDR and I wanted to try it before spending the £50 asking price!

Its has been uninstalled now though as my PC can not handle HEVC with a 980ti. I cant seem to find anything on google could you link me to what you found please?

Soldato
Associate
OP

Thanks, yeah I see powerDVD mentioned there. I went ahead and formatted in the end, not done it since the build when skylake launched!

Now I have the 'core' programs installed again and all updates etc.. Is the built in windows image tool any good? Have never used such software before, I would like to make a drive image and store it on my 3TB HDD so its a 10 min job next time.

Thanks,
Sean

Back
Top Bottom