Keeping same number within same network

Associate
Hi,
My father took out a 24 month mobile phone contract for me 2 years ago as I couldn't get credit.

Now the contract is coming to an end I want to keep the same number but stay with the same network. Its much cheaper to sign up to a new deal with a reseller but I don't want to lose my number.

Do I have to port my number out to a pay as you go deal then port it back? Or as I'm a 'new customer' with a different name and different details do I just request a pac code?

Soldato
Had to do this with 3 last month. Had to convert my existing contract to pay as you go and then they moved the number for me. Don't do it via live chat they are useless, call someone and it sounded like a regular issue they deal with.

It took a month to convert for some reason even though I was out of contract.

Soldato
O2 managed to do this for me without leaving the network a few years ago so it might be possible give your provider a ring they are also surprisingly good at matching deals or getting close enough it’s not worth switch hassle.

Soldato
Ask the network about a transfer of ownership.

You legally take ownership of the contract then you can upgrade as normal without the need for porting.
Mention the reseller deal too, they may match it or at least get really close.

Back
Top Bottom