Kent—the best town/area to live for London commuting

Associate
Dear all, I currently renting a beautiful flat in a very nice area of Bromley/London- Beckenham ( wish i was living all my life here) Im thinking is time to buy a one bedroom property, but Beckenham is quite expensive. I work near Canary Warf and Kent is still where I would like to move. Don’t mind commuting for 1hr-1.30mins. I have no family, so im looking for a nice place with coffee shops, restaurants,green areas, nice community, gym, and all in all to feel safe! My favourite places would be Tonbridge (still zone 6), Tunbridge Wells ( read lots of good things), Maidstone (read mixed feelings! ) . Happy to try something else, like Surrey /Sutton, but Kent is a winner for me! Lovely gardens and beautiful seaside:)

Associate
OP
Agree to a speed train from Folkstone. But it will comes to a premium. Have good 6 months for house and area hunting! Bit nervous with the location! Single lady walking at night :) Anyway, so grateful for all your comments! I love Kent and can’t think of any other parts of London:((

Associate
OP
Are sure you want to live in Kent?

Kent-toilet.jpg

Associate
OP
Sorry, pressed the button too soon:)
Yes, i have enjoyed Kent the whole summer. Nice seaside, beautiful farms, what not to like ? :)

Associate
OP
Thank you for your comments. It makes this world much easier! Any advice in High Brooms area? As houses seem to be slightly cheaper than TW?

Associate
OP
Not driving unfortunately. And the season ticket is a pain! But I will be WFH 3 days a week and the other 2 days commuting into Canary Warf

Back
Top Bottom