Keyboard Latecy

Soldato
Hey,

Just curious as its not a subject i know a great deal about, Latency in Peripheral's!!

What made me want to test this out is, For example anyone had those times where it feels your key presses just didn't feel like it registered correctly/fast enough as it should have been in fast pace competitive games?

I've experienced this in Cod Warzone a couple of times, But wasn't sure if it was just down to ME actually been too slow or something to do with the game but it defiantly feels like a delay with key presses sometimes.

So I measured latency using a website, I noticed the latency was very inconsistent when not only pressing the same key over and over, BUT the space bars latency was over double sometimes of any other key. Is there something I'm missing here?

Rlf8Qxe.png

Keyboard is a CK530 v2 (Gateron Red Switches)

Man of Honour
Spacebar often uses a completely different switch to the other keys and not uncommon for some keyboards to use different switches for the function keys as well. No idea if that is involved here.

EDIT: If you are doing an online test also possible your web-browser is handling some keys differently, etc.

EDIT: I think it might be the site - after awhile my num pad left and right keys (4, 6) will start throwing up high latency until I refresh the page and start again.

Back
Top Bottom