Keyboard & mouse recommendation

Associate
Hi Guys

I am using my office keyboard, mouse for FPS games, I haven’t noticed I’m particularly bad or at a disadvantage but my friend keeps telling me I need to upgrade. I don’t particularly want to spend a lot, does anyone have any recommendations?

Associate
I would upgrade the mouse before the keyboard especially if you don't want to spend a lot. A "gaming" keyboard feels more like a luxury item to me.
What's your budget?

Associate
Agree with @Noda, a better mouse will make more of a difference for FPS games. The better sensor is nice but it's more about the extra configuration options a gaming mouse offers over a standard "office" mouse, e.g. Per game profiles, button mapping, DPI settings, etc.

Associate
Upgrade your mouse for sure, keyboard doesn't really matter much. Check out Rocket Jump Ninja on Youtube, he gives good advice on FPS mice, but with mice its just preference. No right answer just what you like best.

Personally i go for Zowie as i play mainly FPS and love the shapes.

Associate
[QUOTE="Baden, post: 31779583, member: 138741"No right answer just what you like best.[/QUOTE]

This. As much as I like the extra buttons on the Logitech G502, it's more fatiguing on my hand while gaming due to the shape relative to how I grip the mouse. It's better for my son though, who has smaller hands (being a child!). Mouse comfort will vary a lot across models depending on your hand size and grip.

Associate
Hi Guys

I am using my office keyboard, mouse for FPS games, I haven’t noticed I’m particularly bad or at a disadvantage but my friend keeps telling me I need to upgrade. I don’t particularly want to spend a lot, does anyone have any recommendations?

What is the budget you're working with for the upgrades? That will make the possible list of choices a lot more refined. Also, best recommendation is try them out in a retail store first, that way you can really get a feel since it's very subjective for what it right for you.

OcUK Staff
What is the budget you're working with for the upgrades? That will make the possible list of choices a lot more refined. Also, best recommendation is try them out in a retail store first, that way you can really get a feel since it's very subjective for what it right for you.

Agreed, we have a load of switch types on display in our showroom if you aren't too far away? Plus there is free Haribo ofc!

Otherwise I advise red switches as a nice middle ground to go for first, especially if you'll mainly be using it for gaming!

Back
Top Bottom