Keyboard that doesn't sound like an AK47

Soldato
Cherry Blacks? If so, why would these be quieter? They're a Cherry Red with slightly more (+10g I think?) actuation force. Still very likely to bottom out the keys and that's where the noise kicks in.
And if anything (fair 15 grams) stronger spring kicks switch up that much harder for harder crash of switch stem to roof of switch housing.

Only real difference in standard Cherry MX variants is MX Retro alias Blue being even more noisier, with its wannabe mechanical typewriter noise effect.

I have the same keyboard with the same isssue... can you link me to these O-Rings you speak of?
Internally in switch design both down and upstroke noise damped switches are really only way to muffle overall noise.
Unless you release keys softly after pressing them...
Like I said I used MX-Brown keyboard with O-rings for nearly five years.

Associate
And if anything (fair 15 grams) stronger spring kicks switch up that much harder for harder crash of switch stem to roof of switch housing.

Only real difference in standard Cherry MX variants is MX Retro alias Blue being even more noisier, with its wannabe mechanical typewriter noise effect.

Internally in switch design both down and upstroke noise damped switches are really only way to muffle overall noise.
Unless you release keys softly after pressing them...
Like I said I used MX-Brown keyboard with O-rings for nearly five years.
Where can i buy these o rings haha?

Associate
Hi,

I have a Corsair K70 and I'm unable to type on it when my son is in bed in the next room because its so loud.

I'm looking to change it, would prefer to stay mechanical but no where near as loud as this, not bothered if it has RGB or not and definitely not installing any additional software drivers or need any additional features other than back lit keys.

I would like something small but with a number pad, reliable, none gamer style and not ludicrously expensive although that limits my options I think.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks

I had the k70 and agree its really loud, but then it started to do double key presses so i ended up getting a razer chroma with Orange Switches its really quite when compared to the k75 (think i had red switches) and the wrist rest is really comfy, but it does feel more cheaply built compared to the k70

Back
Top Bottom