Keyless entry cars - signal blocker box - do you have one? / would you recommend

Soldato
Just bought myself a seat leon (184bhp diesel excellence model with keyless entry) and wondering if you guys with keyless entry bother to shield signal? I have heard that often theres sufficient signal leakage regardless.

Luckily my car does not have any sports badges etc on it so i hope this means less theft appeal.

As far as keyless entry is concerned, i quite like it! Its unfortunate they are increased risk of crime.
I Loved it in a rental mustang i had in america and good in this too. The batteries both needed replaced for my new cars keys though (wonder how long theyll last? It is 2 years old)

Slightly concerned as its the first nice/newish car ive had!

For the judgmental amongst us, no i do not live in a high crime area :p (although i do drive around (outer) Birmingham motorways for work.

I know generally its audi RS5s and ford focus STs stolen

I was considering something similar to
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blocker-Faraday-Blocking-Anti-Theft-Security-Brown/dp/B07YBVJ9RM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=Car+key+box&qid=1571502776&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUTAwQ00zQzlEWFpIJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjM2Nzk3MjdFR0kwSkFDRExYMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzUwMjI4Q0NKT0ZNTzZOTlQ5JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Pics of motah (apologies its just the ones off the website)
B5X4FCz.jpg

GV0Chi5.jpg

7T7vmeD.jpg

yXRqcs0.jpg

Soldato
OP
Hmmm read up on the manual and think if i double tap the lock button you can no longer keyless enter. Think I'll just do that in the evenings tbh!

@xdcx is that the same as your understanding? The manuals are written pretty poorly and know you said in my other thread you have an excellence spec

Soldato
OP
Man, what a thing to say. Come on, don’t be a turd all your life. As said above, a very subtle way of putting down the guys purchase

I get what hes saying and im not taken aback/offended.
This has less boy racer appeal from the likes of a fiesta/focus ST (should have seen some chavvy guys i saw enquiring about a fiesta st in the showroo. ! :D).

Similarly probably less appeal than a seat leon FR. Also less value/cost than a jag f type /porsche /similar.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom