Keylogger required, any recommendations?

Soldato
Nothing nefarious :D

My Grandfather (97!) is having issues with typing his memoirs, stuff is going awry and we can't see any reason for it and would like to see if it's something he is doing. As a step in this direction we are wanting to install a keylogger to see if we can track down if it's something he is doing via keyboard entry (touchpad has been disabled on the laptop so it's not that) or to rule that out, I've had a google and there seems to be a plethora of them available and would like some recommendations before I just start downloading them randomly :)

Thanks.

Soldato
Nothing nefarious :D

My Grandfather (97!) is having issues with typing his memoirs, stuff is going awry and we can't see any reason for it and would like to see if it's something he is doing. As a step in this direction we are wanting to install a keylogger to see if we can track down if it's something he is doing via keyboard entry (touchpad has been disabled on the laptop so it's not that) or to rule that out, I've had a google and there seems to be a plethora of them available and would like some recommendations before I just start downloading them randomly :)

Thanks.

Try getting him to use Google Docs.

Auto saving. Change history so you can recover items. Available online so no chance of being lost if the computer/laptop dies.

Soldato
OP
He's still using an XP laptop with zero internet access so any solutions requiring those are out sadly, same with a USB keygrabber, it's a laptop so he is using the built in keyboard. Really does have to be a software solution. I'll start playing over the next few days lol, thanks for the input :)

Soldato
depending on your answers to above, i may be able to knock something up to do this & give you the source code. (for extra security) it really depends on my time due to work commitments.
cant promise anything but thought i would let you know.

Soldato
I cant see why auto-save would not help, too, with whatever editor he is using.... or teaching him to save regularly

otherwise it is probably a short cut he inadvertently triggers eg alt-f4 ... so maybe install a short cut modifier ... can the 'disabled' access features help too.

Back
Top Bottom