• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2 GeForce RTX 4090 SG 1-Click OC 24GB PCB design

Associate
4090-Reference-PCB.jpg
Hi guys I’m getting cross signals here, on this forum they state the kfa2 has 18+3 power phase, however I just saw this picture with 14+3 from Alphacool which makes me think this is a worse design than the palit card Even zotac.

I just ordered this from Overclocked and it hasn’t been shipped yet, so I’m a bit worried whether I should cancel this order today.

edit : on the official website it said 22 power phase. The picture given by alpha cool may be referring to the pcb design itself as I went through and clicked on several ‘Nvidia reference board’ on the spreadsheet and it had the same image…

Last edited:
Power phase on the 4090 does not make a huge difference.

For example Palit GameRock is like the worse and MSI Suprim is the best yet @LtMatt has a Gamerock on this forum pretty much out performing all other 4090s so I’d still not be overly worried.

For example Palit GameRock is like the worse and MSI Suprim is the best yet @LtMatt has a Gamerock on this forum pretty much out performing all other 4090s so I’d still not be overly worried.
Not familiar with this card but yeah the GameRock having a supposedly bad PCB meant very little in real world terms if you know how to tune a graphics card.

yeah I was initially scared off by https://youtu.be/9I7U4kdc0V4. When he talked about pcb designs of the nvidia 4090s. But had my opinions changed a bit after checking framechasers etc.

As I said though (in the edit at least), it is a 22 phase card, Alphacool was using the pcb reference design picture which many of the INNO3D,PNY & Palit subsidiaries like Galax/kfa2 , Gainward all use!

it’s actually a very good card, but the lacking warranty is the only bad side for me.

Last edited:
the kfa2 is on a 510w bios from the information i took from gpu z not sure which bios can be flashed to it tbh. not that i need the power or anything going from a 2500k hd6950 to this was a huge jump :)

yeah I was initially scared off by https://youtu.be/9I7U4kdc0V4. When he talked about pcb designs of the nvidia 4090s. But had my opinions changed a bit after checking framechasers etc.

As I said though (in the edit at least), it is a 22 phase card, Alphacool was using the pcb reference design picture which many of the INNO3D,PNY & Palit subsidiaries like Galax/kfa2 , Gainward all use!

it’s actually a very good card, but the lacking warranty is the only bad side for me.
Did you end up getting this card and if so how is it?

I almost bought one myself yesterday but the price jumped up £100 so I decided to leave it.

Looks to have been a cracking deal at £1599 IMO. Is it going back to the original price anytime soon @Gibbo ?

Last edited:
Did you end up getting this card and if so how is it?

I almost bought one myself yesterday but the price jumped up £100 so I decided to leave it.

Looks to have been a cracking deal at £1599 IMO. Is it going back to the original price anytime soon @Gibbo ?
Yes I did, it’s a visually stunning card. The pictures doesn’t do it justice.

i haven’t started running it yet as I had some issues getting it in my case as it had stated it was 336mm and 357mm with ARGB stand on their website. In fact it’s 357mm so I had to take My computer apart (corsair 5000x) to make it work well.

The picture is a bit janky, I’m going to run it for awhile in its current form to make sure there’s nothing wrong with it. I’ve also ordered Corsair’s white sleeved Premium 600W 12VHPWR PSU cable.

DPyeod6_d.webp

I’ll update you when it’s done.

I personally think this card is definitely worth the money and out performs most of the other manufacturers (based on reviews and reading up about the Galax/kfa2 brand)

it’s a shame you missed out when it was only £1599

i would suggest not to use the app or software that comes with it windows does not like it. when i used it the memory got stuck and would not go back to default until i completely nuked my os :/
does anyone know if the galax bios can be flashed to these kfa2 cards ?

i would suggest not to use the app or software that comes with it windows does not like it. when i used it the memory got stuck and would not go back to default until i completely nuked my os :/
does anyone know if the galax bios can be flashed to these kfa2 cards ?
I was thinking of just using the nvidia drivers and msi afterburner tbh, with Aida64 to monitor everything.

You think £1,600 is a good deal for a graphics card? :eek:
:o
It’s a flagship product! Why do people buy a Lamborghini if a ford fiesta will do?

Anyways comparatively company’s and especially scalpers are selling the ASUS Strix models for over £2000.

I was initially going to get a 4070ti but the limited memory and bandwidth ruled it out for me, then I set my eyes on a 4080 and the AIBs were selling it too close to the MSRP 4090 price And 30% slower at that. Prices will go down eventually, so what do I wait for 5 months without a computer for that ?

I was thinking of just using the nvidia drivers and msi afterburner tbh, with Aida64 to monitor everything.
That's exactly what I'm using to monitor it all now.
Trying to configure my AIO for the osd and custom overlay now pita :)
I don't get me started on configuring argb lighting took me longer to figure that out than build my pc in first place.

That's exactly what I'm using to monitor it all now.
Trying to configure my AIO for the osd and custom overlay now pita :)
I don't get me started on configuring argb lighting took me longer to figure that out than build my pc in first place.
Not to mention all the tinkering to get Aida64 just right. It’s all fun and games, I’ll take my time

Back
Top Bottom