• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2 GeForce RTX 4090 SG 1-Click OC 24GB PCB design

Because you can buy a seriously cool car like an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio for a fraction of the price and gives nearly all of the performance and has all the practicality that comes with a saloon.
In that case no one would drive a Lamborghini as everyone is in the same financial situation!!! Everyone will move from their mansions to a 3 bedroom house as it’s more practical and you get the same results. People would all move from luxury goods as normal goods does the same thing….

Anyways I’m going on, it’s up to the individual to decide what’s good and what’s not. As long as you’re able to enjoy yourself without harming anyone else! No one should judge or care!

Curious to know how you fellas get on with it, looks pretty decent and perhaps a worthy competitor to the GameRock OC.

I ended up going with the Gigabyte AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE myself. :)

Curious to know how you fellas get on with it, looks pretty decent and perhaps a worthy competitor to the GameRock OC.

I ended up going with the Gigabyte AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE myself. :)
what persuaded you to pay 600 more to get that card btw? Wouldn’t an ASUS strix be better At that price point?

Gamerock is a Palit card, KFA2/Galax is the high end subsidiary of Palit, as is Gainward and a few others.
Galix/KFA2 make the the ridiculously over specced Hall of Fame cards which beat even the best EVGA series cards.

https://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/hof/geforce-rtx-4090-hof.html

Last edited:
The extra fan you get that clips on the back is a bit tacky.
I have not installed it to try the temps but I have adequate airflow so won't bother.
Cinderman what have you done with the monstrosity of the glow stick?

The extra fan you get that clips on the back is a bit tacky.
I have not installed it to try the temps but I have adequate airflow so won't bother.
Cinderman what have you done with the monstrosity of the glow stick?
Yeah it’s really tacky, if I really want to use one I’ll place my spare QL120 there. But from what I’ve seen there’s virtually no gain.

I‘m still waiting for some things to arrive (white ATX+GPU sleeved cables, USB headers) until I can test the card & close my system. I’m just going to test everything works with the GPU and it’s accessories.

You can see the the glow stick behind the janky hose leading to the CPU. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to get rid of it & use a riser on the setup, I’ll use either the Corsair 4.0 or LINKUP if I do do it, but for at least for my return window I’ll make sure everything is working 100% with no reasons to blame faults on anything else in my system.

Last edited:
I know, but the GameRock is renowned round these parts for being god tier, mainly used by high skill level operators.
Sorry did an edit but you replied before I did it.

I asked what persuaded you to pay 600 more to get the gigabyte water force card? Wouldn’t an ASUS strix be better at that price point?

Yeah it’s really tacky, if I really want to use one I’ll place my spare QL120 there. But from what I’ve seen there’s virtually no gain.

I‘m still waiting for some things to arrive (white ATX+GPU sleeved cables, USB headers) until I can test the card & close my system. I’m just going to test everything works with the GPU and it’s accessories.

You can see the the glow stick behind the janky hose leading to the CPU. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to get rid of it & use a riser on the setup, I’ll use either the Corsair 4.0 or LINKUP if I do do it, but for at least for my return window I’ll make sure everything is working 100% with no reasons to blame faults on anything else in my system.
no matter where i place the support stick it would somehow drop slip or move and the last thing i wanted is a cracked pcb through the weight of it.
i decided to see if vertically mounting would help with not only allowing me to put my side panel on but also to easily inspect the 600w cable but to alleviate the weight on the pci e slot.

no matter where i place the support stick it would somehow drop slip or move and the last thing i wanted is a cracked pcb through the weight of it.
i decided to see if vertically mounting would help with not only allowing me to put my side panel on but also to easily inspect the 600w cable but to alleviate the weight on the pci e slot.
Maybe you got a faulty one, mines fully adjustable and holds fine.

was the base of your case metal btw ? It’s also magnetic!. Also there’s plenty of 3rd party ones if you weren’t happy with it.

Maybe you got a faulty one, mines fully adjustable and holds fine.

was the base of your case metal btw ? It’s also magnetic!. Also there’s plenty of 3rd party ones if you weren’t happy with it.
I got fed up with the little silver screw i just could not ever tighten it properly.
To be honest I needed to vertical mount it I had no option really with the case I chose.
This is when I was in the planning stages a bit like yourself a few weeks ago :) hopefully these pictures will show why i had to go down the vertical gpu route.
uhl396ls.jpg
kAQ8JEi.jpg

DHKtAbh.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think you had a choice but to vertically mount it. If the fans weren’t there, it would have worked and the fans themselves are plastic so no way to get a strong grip.

Anyways I have the weekend now, so I can finally get to work on my own rig, I haven’t even switch it on yet !

Back
Top Bottom