• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

KFA2,MSI, ZOTAC, or GIGABYTE? which is better brand?

Soldato
while a 1050 will be better, i am looking at getting a 1030 in a week or 2 for my lenovo SFF because of its liteon 240w 80 + bronze psu which has not been an easy task to replace and so im unsure which brand would offer the best overall? needs to be low profile and fairly quiet.

i have had all but KFA2, but always been used so as you expect, they been hit & miss, just not a lot of options for a decent performer in the low profile format.

Soldato
Gigabyte and EVGA have UK RMA. But 240W should be more than enough to power a 1050 Ti. Remember that 240W is the output current, not the input current.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replies.

So none to avoid really then? Just go for the cheapest basically?

Is the 1050ti powered off the slot then? While the psu has a bronze rating it still is basic so no 6 pin so if I could get away with one of those with how the system is then id rather aim for that as compatible power supplies are still not easy to find, plus it seems 1050ti best card for low profile with gaming in mind.

Don
Gigabyte and EVGA have UK RMA. But 240W should be more than enough to power a 1050 Ti. Remember that 240W is the output current, not the input current.

Is the 1050ti powered off the slot then? While the psu has a bronze rating it still is basic so no 6 pin so if I could get away with one of those with how the system is then id rather aim for that as compatible power supplies are still not easy to find, plus it seems 1050ti best card for low profile with gaming in mind.

As you said in your other thread, that motherboard has a 40watt PCI-E slot limit, so anything other than a 1030 is unlikely to work (or may work at a reduced speed).

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/pd029624

If you can find a low profile 1050ti that has a 6 pin connector, then it might work based on power draw figures here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-ti,4787-6.html

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replies.

I think then given I have about a week to buy, I will see what power supply solutions I might be able to find and if it's possible to change then I will aim for the 1050ti otherwise just go with a 1030, it will still be much better than my GT610 and you can still game somewhat on it as I've seen and then I guess brand wise I'd just go with whatever is available at the time for the best price.

Back
Top Bottom