"Kids" games on the xbox 360?

Man of Honour
Okay, I'm looking at getting a xbox 360 and I have a five year old son who I will be keeping well away from lary games - are there any/many kiddie games you can get at all? Some educationial/leanining stuff?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Condemmed.... lol, joke :p

erm, i would say maybe a need for speed game?

errrr, maybe viva pinata? (never played it meself btw)

FIFA / PES?

Dont know if any of your kids are into those kind of games, but they are all great :)

Soldato
Well, I think Viva Piñata is a possible good choice, But it has a management side to it, Which a 5 year old may find difficult to pick up.

There's the New Sonic game which would be pretty good, And plenty of driving games which would possibly suit your kid.

I do have to be honest, I think the 360 lacks a lot of kiddy games. Even sonic, which is said, Is rated at 12 for some reason.

Soldato
Apart from those crappy movie games that are released to turn a quick profit? Not really ;/ 360 is really aimed towards Teenagers and Adults. Viva Pinata isnt really suitable either since its quite complicated or so I've heard (atleast for a child anyway).

If its something for your 5 year old son I would either look into a PS2 or if it needs to be something 'new' try the Wii.

Caporegime
Hmm, Viva Pinata should be a safe bet - my 6-year-old nephew managed to make a decent enough garden after a few hours play. The youngsters are surprisingly adept at things you wouldn't think they'd be able to do.

Keep an eye out for Beautiful Katamari which is due for release in mid-December, too.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks for the replies guys, it (the console) is mainly for me I just thought if there were younger games he could play too. I am into driving games mainly, I doubt he'll be able to play them that well but he loves watching and give him a controller he'll learn!

NW, I'm thinking about the arcade games, I would get a kick from them too!

Last edited:

Wej

Wej

Associate
My 6 year old has done very well on viva pinata, particularly since you can play it in a very casual way.

She's also addicted to Lego Star Wars, and Viva Pinata Party Animals is on it's way (a bit like fusion frenzy for kids) so that may be worth a try.

Bizarrely enough, she also likes skate.

Soldato
There's more than you think.

My best mates lad is a similar age and he realy liked Cars.

There's also Shrek the 3rd, Open Season, Crash of the Titans, TMNT, Meet the Robinsons and Ratatouille with Viva Pinata Party Animals coming out soon.

Associate
Definitely get Open Season. Is actually a enjoyable game and quite funny as well. Cars was pretty decent as well. Surfs Up is another one.

Caporegime
No, I think Kameo could be very difficult for a 5-year-old. I suppose if Dad was to get past the difficult bits then it would be OK. I know that game has me tearing my hair out at times and I'm 32!

Associate
Kameo (can play co op, so you can play together)
Viva Pinata (same)
Lego Star Wars (and other lego games)
All the licensed junk like Bee Movie and stuff.
Banjo is on its way, as is party animals.

But really you should look around live arcade, there is tonnes of stuff that kids would enjoy on there.

Back
Top Bottom