Killer E2500

Associate
I suddenly noticed that one of my PC's has a Killer network. :D So I thought I would just have a go with it. I am not really sure there is any benefit for a PC in prioritising games, since the PC isn't doing anything else anyway, but I must confess that I do like the apps that come with killer. They are informative. The control centre is really nice. Anyway, I know that when Killer first appeared there was little to be gained over intel, I just wondered if this was still the case with the latest E2500?

Soldato
Its all marketing bull much like Beats headphones, there not bad but your essentially paying for there marketing budget.
There performance comparisons are built off the back sceneries no one in there right mind would run. (torrents and gaming at the same time) and there product comparisons simple uses proprietary names to make the competitors seem lacking. Its akin to Apple using Samsungs lack of iphone connector as a negative.

In all honesty i think there software will have a bigger impact in slowing down your machine on the whole than what little gain you'd get in very specific circumstances using there network card.

Soldato
Still the case really, it can still cause issues with the network connection. Using the basic Atheros drivers without the Killer software performs a lot better. Luckily my board also has an Intel NIC so I've been using that and been getting better latency with it.

Man of Honour
The problem is the principles Killer works on need to be implemented not just at the PC level but all the way between that and the system at the other end of the link to make any real difference.

Associate
OP
That's pretty much what I thought, lol. Luckily it does have an intel ethernet too, so as soon as the apps novelty wears off I will go back to that. :D

Back
Top Bottom