Kinect

Associate
I can see the need for convenience, but to buy a 360S with no intention of 'Kinecting' it leaves the PSU slightly more inefficient sans the 12W load than if they'd maintained a separate PSU for both.

Soldato
I can see the need for convenience, but to buy a 360S with no intention of 'Kinecting' it leaves the PSU slightly more inefficient sans the 12W load than if they'd maintained a separate PSU for both.

I can't imagine it makes any difference. The 360S uses less power anyway.

Associate
It almost certainly would make some difference. Yes the 360S uses less, but it doesn't seem quite as good as it should do, it also has more USB ports iirc which is more potential unused overhead for the PSU. I can't imagine MS supplying an ultra efficient PSU.

Associate
Well yes I already said that in the opening of my first post. Of course there will be a difference and over the lifetime use it all adds up, but as AHarvey says I'm in the minority here.

Soldato
Over the course of a few years, it isn't going to have any sort of meaningful cost impact at all. There are far more significant things to worry about if reducing energy consumption is on your mind.

CSA

CSA

Associate
I just received our new 250 S and kinect today,spent a while setting kinect up,one thing im dissapointed in is the lack of voice control while playing media files like saying "xbox pause" to pause a film

i was under the impression you could control nearly everything via kinect,but i cant even use it to navigate to the normal xbox menue blades,i can only use it in the kinect hub ? :(

Soldato
i was under the impression you could control nearly everything via kinect,but i cant even use it to navigate to the normal xbox menue blades,i can only use it in the kinect hub ? :(

That's the whole point of the hub, it's the Kinect version of the dash (albeit a lot more limited).

Associate
Can you connect the kinect to an old 360? My sister has one and when i looked at the connection it didnt look like a USB. It had connector pins on both the top and bottom unlike USB

Soldato
You need to get the stand alone Kinect for the older Xbox. The stand alone version comes with the required usb adaptor for the older Xbox. The Kinect that comes with the Xbox-S doesn't have the adaptor. Thus won't work with the older Xbox.

Maybe you can get the adaptor seperately sometime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom