King of Clubs..

Man of Honour
Reading the paper this morning, Osgood was classed as “the King of Stamford Bridge” so I thought, just what made him the king of this club? What qualifies any player the right of this unofficial honour of club king? Long term commitment to the club? Pure genius? Do you think that because of the amount of incoming players from abroad that the club legend will become a thing of the past?

At White hart lane for example, Glen Hoddle is known as the king yet I could think of at least a dozen or so that would fit the category. Perryman, Blanchflower, Mabbutt etc

So if Osgood was the king of Stamford Bridge and George Best was the king of Old Trafford, who was the king off all the other clubs?

White Hart Lane - Glen Hoddle :
Appearances/goals: 377/88 (Lg), 48/11 (FAC), 44/10 (LC), 21/1 (Eur).

Soldato
So many it could be for Arsenal fans, Rocastle, O'Leary, Keown, George, Bastin, Wright, Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp. However the king has to be:

The Arsenal Stadium - Tony Adams:
10 major trophies, Career appearances: 667+6 (49 goals)

Associate
For Villa, I would suggest Paul McGrath, but additionally, Dennis Mortimer, after all, he did lift the European Cup as captain!!!,

Associate
Yes, absolutely. I believe his sentancing co-incided with a Government drink-driving campaign, and as a consequence he was made an example of, so to speak.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Kieron Dyer?
Mirandinha?

Close , I toyed with the idea of Marceleno but in the end picked the bloke who done so well for us we named a pub after him!!

img464.jpg

An extract from The Burglars Dog :
Shearer's Sports Bar and Lounge, situated underneath the Gallowgate End stand at St. James' Park is to Newcastle's drinking scene what Titus Bramble is to the team: huge, overpriced and utter, utter ****

201 goals in 395 games over 10 years.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Billy McNeill - Made around 800 appearances for the the club, captained the team to 9 League Titles, 7 Scottish Cups and 6 League Cups and was the first British player to raise the European Cup. Two spells as manager bagged him 4 League titles, 3 Scottish Cups and a league Cup in 9 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom