** Kingdom Come : Deliverance 2 **

Soldato
The game will almost definitely not be called the way this thread calls it. Deliverance was title for the first game. Second will be something else (Retribution, perhaps). So thread should be renamed.

And yeah, KCD is in my top3 best games ever made (specifically PC version with hardcore mode and all DLCs) so this new game is my most anticipated current project.

Soldato
First one was difficult to get in to at first but once I realised it wasn’t like other open world games I loved it. Except for the ending which seemed bizarrely abrupt and anticlimactic.

Soldato
Yeah, almost just by virtue of the fact that The Witcher is set in a fantasy world and Deliverance was based on a historical setting without monsters and magic.
Also first person, and a completely incomparable game in general.

In terms of story, voice acting and even combat, it did it better for me. KCD was too clunky overall, buggy at first, performance hog, but had some very good concepts.

Soldato
Except for the ending which seemed bizarrely abrupt and anticlimactic.
I continue reading this criticism, but really do not share it.
I mean, yes, you do not get to kill the bad guy and recover the sword. But that is the point - the game is not about that. It was honestly refreshing experiencing a "revenge story" where at the end,
bad guy gets away and protagonist learns that he is just a small cog in the large wheel of history. The game had a beautiful dream cutscene with the adoptive dad at the end, large political overview cutscene around the table in Rattay, and a proper epilogue with amazing end credits song. After 200 hour of my playtime, the ending definitely didn't come abrubtly to me.

Associate
I continue reading this criticism, but really do not share it.
I mean, yes, you do not get to kill the bad guy and recover the sword. But that is the point - the game is not about that. It was honestly refreshing experiencing a "revenge story" where at the end,

I just thought it opened it up for a sequel. I had a very annoying bug at the end of the game where the game camera wouldn't stop spinning round and round and round :cry:

Looking forward to the next one I'm hoping to see some larger towns. First game was so much fun exploring and building your character up but the bugs in the game sheeeshhh! That monestry mission was painful.

Soldato
I just thought it opened it up for a sequel.
Oh it is possible we will still get to recover the sword in the new game. Or maybe we won't. My point is that it really doesn't matter that much, the game's point is elsewhere.

And I loved the monastery! But didn't have any significant bugs, so that helped. I only played it with all the patches and DLCs.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Really enjoyed the original. I will probably wait a good year after release to buy it though. It will likely get tons of bug and performance fixes. By the Paul_cz will have throughly completed the beta testing and offer me a 50% discount :p

Soldato
Really enjoyed the original. I will probably wait a good year after release to buy it though. It will likely get tons of bug and performance fixes. By the Paul_cz will have throughly completed the beta testing and offer me a 50% discount
Joke's on you, I only started playing KCD year after release when all DLCs and patches were out :p

...although I did test the kickstarter betas released during development, and by "test", I mean "walk around in and take screenshots of".

I do suspect that this time around though, KCII will be fairly polished at launch. Warhorse are much better off financially and can afford to take the time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Joke's on you, I only started playing KCD year after release when all DLCs and patches were out :p

...although I did test the kickstarter betas released during development, and by "test", I mean "walk around in and take screenshots of".

I do suspect that this time around though, KCII will be fairly polished at launch. Warhorse are much better off financially and can afford to take the time.

Yeah but that was the first game. Now you are hooked you telling me you will wait a year? Can't see it ;)

Caporegime
OP
The game will almost definitely not be called the way this thread calls it. Deliverance was title for the first game. Second will be something else (Retribution, perhaps). So thread should be renamed.

UPDATE :

Clipboard02.jpg

It appears that IGN has leaked the trailer and the release date for Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2. Yup, Warhorse’s new title – which will be officially revealed later today – is indeed a sequel to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Not only that but the game will be released later this year.

So first things first. The title of the new game will be Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2. So, my guess is that it continues Henry’s story. Although the leaked video is of low quality, I believe that’s Henry who appears in it.

I find this odd though, 2024? Could this be a fake edit?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
More Updates

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 is set to be announced on Thursday and its release is coming in 2024. IGN leaked the game’s announcement and release date via a video preview on Wednesday night.

It was also confirmed that the game will launch on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. Last-gen consoles nor the Nintendo Switch were listed as platforms for the game.

if it's coming in 2024 that's amazing. didn't expect that. looking forward to watching the proper release later today.

it seemed a good game, but just didn't 'grab' me. It was certainly no Witcher

funny as i found it all the other way around. i played wither 3 after and was thinking that this is no KCD and gave up with it, even trying again a couple more times later and still getting so bored of the witcher.

KCD is definetly a top game for me and looking forward to this latest one.

Associate
I'm only now vaguely remembering that I bounced off KCD the first time. It was only when I happened to see a video about how to powerlevel in the starting area that I realised the potential of this game. I really could do anything.
I ended up murdering or stealing from everybody in my village. That's just how I roll :) Not a herb went unpicked. Not a cow went past unpunched. No sheep survived without an arrow sticking out of it :)

Associate
lol - there was a rampant burglar in my starting area!
Looking forward to this - great suprise if they manage 2024 stable release

Soldato
The crow tastes pretty bad, thanks for asking :D

I am really surprised. I guess their marketing figured the original name is too well known at this point and it would be a shame to change it, but I don't like it just like I didn't like Red Dead Redemption II instead of Red Dead R-something :)

Less than an hour to go until the reveal, I haven't been this excited since Cyberpunk.

Back
Top Bottom