Kit cleaning

Soldato
I was going to title this "looking after you helmet" (hrrrr) but thought an all-encompassing post about kit upkeep might be helpful - maybe we can share tips (arrrgggghhhh another pun) about how we keep our riding gear nice and clean...

I'm usually quite lazy about my kit, I will clean the visor obvs, but the lid itself not so much - the only times it was regularly cleaned, was when I used to pop into theo ffice once a week, post the Vid; as they always had mahoosive packs of dettol wipes, so I used those to clean off the flying debris. For cleaning leathers, I still opt for fragrance-free baby wipes, does the job, and occasionally I might use a sponge and some Autoglym leather cleaner too.

I've had a can of helmet fresh :D since passing DAS, so that stuff is probably well and truly useless now, mind you, it still smells of cleaner and foams up - but I don't really find I get a stinky helmet, hence why it's lasted 16 years.

Any hacks/tips you use for kit?

My tip - if you struggle riding with a low sun, then pop a strip of black electrical/insulation tape on the inside of your lid at the top - it's like having a flip down sun visor in the car.

Last edited:
good wipe over with a damp cloth before taking kit off well apart from the Lid them dead fly's dont fade away lol nothing as bad as putting jacket etc on and its covered with dead fly's

Any hacks/tips you use for kit?

May also work for bike kit :cry:

ZPuKWLZ.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom