Kitchen Paint

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Anyone have any ideas on kitchen paint ? Its going to be white on walls and ceiling, just a little confused about people saying eggshell and matt.

What i do not want is a sheen finish which is what i think eggshell is.

Close to a dulux trade center if that helps.

Soldato
As said don't use eggshell on a wall as if you ever don't want it lumpy you're screwed!

Matt looks great if you're kitchen is right for it - it stops the walls being shiny which in our smaller kitchen is good because otherwise it would be to bright. It does mark easily though, but if you get a decent kitchen/bathroom one they still wipe clean surprisingly.

Soldato
As said don't use eggshell on a wall as if you ever don't want it lumpy you're screwed!

Matt looks great if you're kitchen is right for it - it stops the walls being shiny which in our smaller kitchen is good because otherwise it would be to bright. It does mark easily though, but if you get a decent kitchen/bathroom one they still wipe clean surprisingly.

This for a kitchen I'd look for something like dulux diamond it is harder wearing.

Associate
I've just used normal Dulux silk, two coats on top of previous owner's paint. I've not had any issues with it in 3 years or so. Food splashes wipe of easily, even if they're not spotted and end up drying, no cracking or marking easily as I've experienced with matt. There is a sheen to it as with all silk paints which isn't for everybody.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Popped into the delux trade center today very helpful, even what seemed a professional stopped by and both suggested diamond eggshell, so that's what we are going with, not much to paint at the end of the day.

Associate
Painted our kitchen many years ago with B&Q matt kitchen paint, think it was cotton white or something. Its still good and has been washed down many times.

Caporegime
Vinyl soft sheen is a nice in between. Washable, not as flat a finish as matt and not as shiny as vinyl silk. You can get contract matt that is much harder wearing than standard stuff. But it costs a fair bit more.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
So glad i used what was left over from a rather crap Johnsons specials from B & M to use as a undercoat last night, Eggshell down and done. Cut the grass and might be able to start glossing tonight... Saturday night life on the edge.

Soldato
Popped into the delux trade center today very helpful, even what seemed a professional stopped by and both suggested diamond eggshell, so that's what we are going with, not much to paint at the end of the day.

Really would think twice before putting eggshell on the walls but everyone has different tastes and I'd never use a silk finish paint either can't stand the shine!

Back
Top Bottom