Klopp Out Arne In

Don
So it looks like the cue ball is going to Anfield. Haven't a clue who he is, like pretty much all the manages we've been linked with but I'm sure I'll get a chance to find out a bit about him in the coming weeks. Twitter tells me that he won the League last season with Feyenoord and he nearly won the League with AZ only for covid to end the season with them level on points with Ajax.

Man of Honour
So it looks like the cue ball is going to Anfield. Haven't a clue who he is, like pretty much all the manages we've been linked with but I'm sure I'll get a chance to find out a bit about him in the coming weeks. Twitter tells me that he won the League last season with Feyenoord and he nearly won the League with AZ only for covid to end the season with them level on points with Ajax.
Supposedly from what I've read Slot is very like Klopp, likes to press, like to have full backs ranging forward, apparently he is very liked by his players , has very good man management skills and is charismatic with the media

Man of Honour
Slot today - 'It is no secret that I would like to go to Liverpool. Now I am waiting for the clubs to reach an agreement. I have every confidence in that.'

Looks like its happening then, at least he has come out and publicly said he wants the Liverpool position, thats more than some others did.

Soldato
Slot today - 'It is no secret that I would like to go to Liverpool. Now I am waiting for the clubs to reach an agreement. I have every confidence in that.'

Looks like it’s happening then, at least he has come out and publicly said he wants the Liverpool position, thats more than some others did.
You’d think he would have done what others did and say nothing and focus on finishing his season tbf.

He can do all talks in back ground etc leaks happen and sometimes I suspect on purpose but I can’t recall a manager whilst managing another team be open as that.

Man of Honour
You’d think he would have done what others did and say nothing and focus on finishing his season tbf.

He can do all talks in back ground etc leaks happen and sometimes I suspect on purpose but I can’t recall a manager whilst managing another team be open as that.
He hasnt really got anything left to play for this season to be fair, Feyenoord will finish second now, they cant realistically finish top and the team in 3rd cant catch them, so they've locked 2nd place in. So not really anything to focus on in Feyenoord terms.

Caporegime
He hasnt really got anything left to play for this season to be fair, Feyenoord will finish second now, they cant realistically finish top and the team in 3rd cant catch them, so they've locked 2nd place in. So not really anything to focus on in Feyenoord terms.

Why not go for the guy who is at the top of the league then? What is Slot's reason for not being top of the Dutch league?

Man of Honour
Why not go for the guy who is at the top of the league then? What is Slot's reason for not being top of the Dutch league?
PSV have been in ridiculous form this season, 103 league goals, +86 goal difference and only lost 1 match all year. Slot won the league last season but PSV have simply been unstoppable this year

In regard of why they dont go for the PSV manager, Liverpool have made no secret of it that they are looking for a young manager, the PSV manager is 60, so I would think his age immediately rules him out from what they are seeking in terms of their criteria.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Klopp finished 7th with Dortmund in his last season before joining Liverpool.

Imagine if they'd used that type of logic when choosing to appoint him.

Yes but if you looked at the PSV manager then you will see he is has good credentials too. Slot got beat by ETH too.

It just doesn't seem a Liverpool appointment imo. They should be looking for one of the best or best up and coming manager.

Slot is the kind of manager Man Utd would appoint.

Man of Honour
I'll wait and see how Slot does as Liverpool manager before I write him off. Theres pro's to it being Slot, so will wait and see. Its not who I wanted but we couldnt get who I wanted, so I will give my backing to Slot.

Soldato
Yes but if you looked at the PSV manager then you will see he is has good credentials too. Slot got beat by ETH too.

It just doesn't seem a Liverpool appointment imo. They should be looking for one of the best or best up and coming manager.

Slot is the kind of manager Man Utd would appoint.
Bosz is a serial underachiever, that's reaping the benefit of having the strongest squad in the eredivsie and finally winning his 1st league title at the age of 60, why am I not surprised a man utd supporter has been blinded by a lil bit of shiny silverware and thinks hes the guy we should have looked at..

Any young manager is going to be more of a gamble. This is the guy the club have decided fits the bill tho. Interesting summer ahead and I for one am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom