** KOLINK STRONGHOLD & OBSERVATORY - TEMPERED GLASS AND RGB ON A BUDGET **

OcUK Staff
OP
Can confirm it's very impressive in the flesh. An excellent addition to the range by Kolink. The thing that impressed me the most was how nice the white LEDs are. A lot of cheaper cases with RGB have terrible white LEDs.

Soldato
Just had an email regarding the Observatory that it has a technical fault and i need to chose a different case :( Spoke to someone over the phone and apparently the front audio jacks just don't work at all on either of these 2 cases so are awaiting the manufacturers to get back to them with either a new batch or a fix...im soooo upset, waited nearly 2 weeks for this case to come into stock to place my new gaming rig order :(

Soldato
Can confirm it's very impressive in the flesh. An excellent addition to the range by Kolink. The thing that impressed me the most was how nice the white LEDs are. A lot of cheaper cases with RGB have terrible white LEDs.
Yeah my 1070 is white/blue, although I've come to like it :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Just had an email regarding the Observatory that it has a technical fault and i need to chose a different case :( Spoke to someone over the phone and apparently the front audio jacks just don't work at all on either of these 2 cases so are awaiting the manufacturers to get back to them with either a new batch or a fix...im soooo upset, waited nearly 2 weeks for this case to come into stock to place my new gaming rig order :(

I believe what you have been told is slightly incorrect. I am asking my tech team to check this morning, but what has actually happened is that the cases have been supplied with AC'97 front audio as opposed to HD-Audio. This means they should still work, but I am going to have it checked. If you still want this case, leave it with me and I'll see what the outcome is. If it turns out they still do not work, if you still want the case and can do without the front audio, I can happily action a £5 refund as per AiiR's suggestion :)

Soldato
I believe what you have been told is slightly incorrect. I am asking my tech team to check this morning, but what has actually happened is that the cases have been supplied with AC'97 front audio as opposed to HD-Audio. This means they should still work, but I am going to have it checked. If you still want this case, leave it with me and I'll see what the outcome is. If it turns out they still do not work, if you still want the case and can do without the front audio, I can happily action a £5 refund as per AiiR's suggestion :)

I rang up just before you closed last night to swap to a different case >_<

I use wired headphones so the front audio are used all the time...but if they DO work and its just not HD...i could live with that, but i really do need front audio :(

EDIT : then again...can a headset be plugged i to the rear ports and just switch between speakers and headset without the need for unplugging all the time...if so id be more than happy to stick with this one :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
I rang up just before you closed last night to swap to a different case >_<

I use wired headphones so the front audio are used all the time...but if they DO work and its just not HD...i could live with that, but i really do need front audio :(

EDIT : then again...can a headset be plugged i to the rear ports and just switch between speakers and headset without the need for unplugging all the time...if so id be more than happy to stick with this one :)

Once we've checked I will confirm for you, but yeah, you can plug the headset into the rear ports, and then go to Sound options to set your default device in Windows. That's basically what I do to change between my Z906 speakers and my headphones.

Soldato
Once we've checked I will confirm for you, but yeah, you can plug the headset into the rear ports, and then go to Sound options to set your default device in Windows. That's basically what I do to change between my Z906 speakers and my headphones.

Ah thatll be fine then mate...will save me the difference between this and the lian li that i opted for...ill swap back to this case then and go through sound options to switch between them :)

Soldato
I have the Kolink Satellite, for the price I am amazed at the quality of case they produce compared to cases from 10 years ago, I was expecting lots of burrs and cuts but not a single one!

Soldato
Very impressed with the observatory!

LEDs look awesome and has been said, the white is really good.

Will try and get some photos / a video of them in action, but all in all i am very happy, lovely tidy little case and cannot go wrong for the price!

OcUK Staff
OP
Very impressed with the observatory!

LEDs look awesome and has been said, the white is really good.

Will try and get some photos / a video of them in action, but all in all i am very happy, lovely tidy little case and cannot go wrong for the price!

Glad you like it. They are flying off the shelves!

Soldato

Not case realted really, but i have my speakers plugged into the green port, which port would i plug my headphones into??

Soldato
@B&W

Are you able to confirm is HDD rack comes out to allow 360 AIO or is it in solid ?

Might be the key difference to Corsair versions .
Hopefully is does as this and Eisbaer LT 360 make a killer budget package

B&W

B&W

Soldato
@B&W

Are you able to confirm is HDD rack comes out to allow 360 AIO or is it in solid ?

Might be the key difference to Corsair versions .
Hopefully is does as this and Eisbaer LT 360 make a killer budget package

I'm pretty sure it's in solid, I'll confirm for you tomorrow when I install new PSU.

Soldato
So I bought the stronghold case and was wondering were we meant to get some hard drive brackets for the hard drive cage section as the hard drives don't fit in the cage section at all

Back
Top Bottom