Kong: Skull Island trailer

Soldato
It's booking now, release in two weeks on 10th March at Cineworld.

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/kong-skull-island

These monster blockbuster movies are the only things that make me go to the cinema. Looking forward to Skull Island! I've seen the 2005 movie with Jack Black several times, love it. I hope there's a scene like this which shows very realistic and subtle details such as the way the gorilla looks away when it's laughing or satisfied.

Soldato
I have heard that Cineworld may been using low/eco mode for projection to extend lamp life span and save money. Resulting in a darker picture.

I don't know if this is widespread across the group or just selected screenings. Not been in one myself for some time.

Caporegime
Wonder why they chose to base it in the 70's. :confused:

As i thought though, seems to have the usual Helicopter battles that inexplicably have to get within tea-bagging range to hit a 300 foot target. :rolleyes:

Soldato
i'm always wary of a film with John Reilly in it just to add some comedy element when its not needed. it worked in guardians of the galaxy because it had that feel to the film.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I liked it :D not the best in terms of the depth and substance but it ticked all the boxes for a monster flick. 7/10 :D

Soldato
It's a take brain out and enjoy some fights granted it's no Godzilla or Pacific Rim.

FYI there is an after credit scene that's trying to make it all a multiverse with Godzilla etc for the next film.

Soldato
I saw it at lunchtime today and thought it was great actually. My colleague agreed. Much better than Godzilla and PR!

Looked beautiful, really nicely shot. Great vfx. Couldn't fault it apart from it not being a particularly original story..

Back
Top Bottom