LAD's Holiday 2012

Permabanned
Not really, everyone is slating "lads holiday" but none of you have ever been on one.

I have been on lads holidays, family holidays, sightseeing holidays, camping holidays they all have different experiences, had some great memories with random strangers in Magaluf and some funny times camping in Scotland.

tbh when you said Japan 10 days snowboarding, I pictured a toff, no offence, most be costing a bomb to do that, lads holidays to Europe can cost as little as £250

Being able to afford a holiday makes you a toff? :/

Edit: not to mention that some people on these lads holiday as said in this thread spent a few thousand in two weeks. :/

Man of Honour
tbh when you said Japan 10 days snowboarding, I pictured a toff, no offence, most be costing a bomb to do that, lads holidays to Europe can cost as little as £250

You assume someone is a toff because of that?:rolleyes: I work hard and can do what I like and I like powder riding and Japan is meant to be incredible. Snowboarding, with the exception of my family, is the thing that makes me happiest.

(if you met me you would definitely think I was a toff given how you come across but that's another story)

Soldato
Did a lads holiday to bulgaria when i was 17 was pretty good but my type of thing. Might as well go out in Belfast or a weekend over in Newcastle.

Next year my 'lads' holidays are a week snowboarding in Val Thorens, weeks liveaboard diving in scapa flow and weeks liveaboard in egypt. O and before i get called old im only 21, just do enough clubbing everyweek so dont want to do it when on holiday!

Soldato
You assume someone is a toff because of that?:rolleyes: I work hard and can do what I like and I like powder riding and Japan is meant to be incredible. Snowboarding, with the exception of my family, is the thing that makes me happiest.

(if you met me you would definitely think I was a toff given how you come across but that's another story)

Out of interest what are the costs like compared to europe? Ive always presumed that it would be massivley more expensive so never looked into it.

Man of Honour
Out of interest what are the costs like compared to europe? Ive always presumed that it would be massivley more expensive so never looked into it.

We've paid £1,500 each for 7 days in Niseko in a pretty nice looking self catered apartment and 2 days one night in Tokyo to do some sightseeing, including long haul and internal flights and transfers.

There are basic hostels and cheap hotels too so can be done cheaper but the flight is a big part of the overall package so we opted for decent looking accommodation.

Basically lift passes, accommodation etc. are no more expensive than decent European resorts but the flight is. Booze looks expensive too.

Soldato
Skiiing doesn't make a great "lads" holiday in my experience as beer is expensive and you have to get up early every morning to make the most of the slopes.

That's just my opinion of course.

Basically, if you can afford it do Ski holiday, "lads" holiday in Europe somewhere and/or maybe a festival :D

Soldato
Did a lads holiday to bulgaria when i was 17 was pretty good but my type of thing. Might as well go out in Belfast or a weekend over in Newcastle.

Next year my 'lads' holidays are a week snowboarding in Val Thorens, weeks liveaboard diving in scapa flow and weeks liveaboard in egypt. O and before i get called old im only 21, just do enough clubbing everyweek so dont want to do it when on holiday!

I go clubbing often in the UK too, but it doesn't compare to Ibiza. here is a short video i recorded:

:cool:

Soldato
I go clubbing often in the UK too, but it doesn't compare to Ibiza. here is a short video i recorded:

:cool:

Given the choice though i would far prefer this kind of thing as i can't get anything close to it at home!

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

26122010024-1.jpg

Associate
I've been to Kavos & Malia and both were good fun. I think you'll find most places have more blokes than girls to be honest. I have heard good things about Ibiza from some mates who've been in the last few years but they did say it was more expensive.

Sack off these European destinations and go to Vegas! ;)

Soldato
I was thinking about going back to York again for a week. I had a really great time there ealier this year. Its not definite though and I may end up going somewhere else.

Soldato
Like petrol? Go to Le Mans. Great big lads BBQ (or with the slight lack of girls was it actually a great big gay-fest? hmmm :)...). Do something interesting afterwards like cruise down to Monte Carlo, Nurburgring, etc.

Or Vegas.

Couldn't think of anything worse than one of these club 18-30 style clubbing holidays in Ibiza or wherever :(

Soldato
Very nice Repta, but thats a holiday by yourself or with a girlfriend.

Holidaying with friends is usually a bit more upbeat.

Theres still night life, just not the only reason to be there! Nights out in Bangkok and Koh phangan where unreal. Granted Chamonix wasn't great nightlife but thats why im going Val Thorens this time!

Man of Honour
Very nice Repta, but thats a holiday by yourself or with a girlfriend.

Holidaying with friends is usually a bit more upbeat.

One of the groups I go snowboarding with is more brutal than any stag do I've been on. Don't land a trick that's a shot, last one from summit to base, shot, etc.!;)

Man of Honour
Theres still night life, just not the only reason to be there! Nights out in Bangkok and Koh phangan where unreal. Granted Chamonix wasn't great nightlife but thats why im going Val Thorens this time!

Chamonix has some great spots if you know where to look!

Soldato
Oh I love Thailand and can't wait to go back, just can't justify only two weeks there, needs longer! Will have to save some holiday up :D

I'm planning on staying a couple of nights in that hotel from The Hangover part 2, then straight to Ko Phangnan as I wasn't too impressed with Samui when I went. If you're going again check out coco gardens - awesome place to stay.

Back
Top Bottom