1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lakka Game Emulator?

Discussion in 'Linux & Open Source' started by Ice Tea, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Ice Tea

Mobster

2. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

I installed it on an old series 3 chromebox (sandybridge i5 mobile chip) for a while. It's great, given how simple it is to setup and the amount of systems it can emulate.
    Interface is a lot like the PS3. Copied games over FTP, it picked up a lot of the game art. Could also use my PS3 controllers wirelessly.
    Performance-wise I didn't try anything past N64/PS1 but it ran everything really well.

3. Ice Tea

Mobster

Cheers Dude , i wondered what controller to use and you've already answered that. :)

4. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

Yeah just saw it's got Pi 4 compatibility so I may get a bundle and retro case.

5. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

It also worked with my cheap 360 wireless controller adapter. Think the controller support on it, is one of the biggest strengths from reading about.

6. Ice Tea

Mobster

It says on there Website that it needs to be installed on real hardware , i tried it on Gnome-Boxes anyway and guess what , it didn't work. :)

7. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

I've used Lakka - it's basically a stripped down linux with retroarch. Fairly no frills stock UI, but easy to set up.

I've not tried it, but also see https://batocera-linux.xorhub.com/ which is the same idea, but with EmulationStation, similar to RetroPie

8. morbid42

Gangster

I have it on an rk3399, its seems snappy. It has improved alot, i had tested it maybe 2-3 years ago on a celeron. Also trying recalbox, which seems less snappy but more bling. If its for a windows pc, id use launchbox/bigbox *edit* just seen its linux forum ;)

9. Ice Tea

Mobster

Cheers for the heads up on batocera.

Anyone know if there have been any serious security issues with Linux Emulators?