Lamptron RGB fan controller

Soldato
OP
Looking closer at the controller it seems to have 6x6pin and 2x4pin connectors... no idea if I can use any of this with RBG ram heatsinks tho...

FG00CLP_190480_750x750.jpg

Soldato
Looking closer at the controller it seems to have 6x6pin and 2x4pin connectors... no idea if I can use any of this with RBG ram heatsinks tho...

FG00CLP_190480_750x750.jpg
The listing is a bit weird and vague - all photos have the fans as solid colour but it claims to be addressable RGB. It's possible that there's addressable output but seeing as the controller only has a remote control (no software) I suspect it's just ordinary single colour RGB. The remote looks like it too.

If you can't find a review online you could experiment. The 6-pin output is likely to be +12V supply, R G B grounds, ground for the fan motors, then either a PWM signal or maybe a separate supply for fan motors or speed sense. This means you could take the 12V and R/G/B wires and splice them to RAM heatsinks that also do solid (non-addressable) RGB. There are also 4-pin plugs that might be just RGB feeders without the fan motor connections, ready to go.

I doubt you'd find parts that let you plug and play, but you have a good chance of getting it all working. If you know how to use a soldering iron and a meter, it'd be ok. I recommend buying the fans first and assessing their setup, before getting suitable heatsinks, in case ther fans really are addressable.

All that said though, would some LED strips not do the job?

Soldato
OP
Yeah its all a bit weird... the fans go the colours on the buttons and there aren’t 16.7 million buttons so I have no idea how to get the actual colours I wanted :/

Also I can’t see any way to change the speed of the fans.

Another thing that’s annoyed me is that the fourth fan I bought separately that reads exactly the same has completely different connections and doesn’t plug into the controller.

That being said, the fans look awesome :)

Soldato
That's a little frustrating - I'm sure you can figure out the right connections but you'll likely need to do some soldering. I guess the top left of the remote has brightness buttons and colour buttons... Can you push a colour then the brightness? Or maybe both simultaneously, I'm sure there's a standard procedure for that generic remote but I haven't spent long testing them. 16.7 million colours would be all possible combinations of 256 levels of brightness for each LED. 256 X 256 X 256 = 16,777,216 :)

Also I can’t see any way to change the speed of the fans
Tricky. Again you could refit all the cables with plugs that for your motherboard or a fan controller. I wonder if there's some button that does it on that remote.

Soldato
OP
I’ve tried all combinations but couldn’t figure it out.

I’ve ended up ordering three more fans with the same connections and the one that was different, along with a PCI slot controller with a speed knob on it that they will all plug into.

I’ve also ordered a 120mm AIO for my cpu and I’m gonna put the 240mm one I have now on my GPU with a kraken G12 that I’ve also ordered.

Soldato
OP
This new controller has a 3 pin for each fan and a 4 pin for each RGB - that reads:

Pin1 = B
Pin2 = R
Pin3 = G
Pin4 = 12v

There are two spare RGB ports which I was hoping to use for the memory, but the connectors on the memory only have 3 pins it looks like there were 4 but one hole is filled in. So there can only be 3 connected. Weirdly the three I can connect aren't in a row. So it's like:

Pin1
Pin2
No Pin
Pin4

However there is an adaptor that seems to change it to 3pin, but that just looks like a normal 3pin fan header. I'll do some experimenting with things later, but at the moment I'm not sure how it will all work if at all lol

The memory covers said they come with a controller, so I was expecting that to mean an RGB controller to plug them into since my MOBO doesn't have RGB headers... looks like it meant controller as in remote control... so that's no good when I have nothing to plug it into haha

Soldato
This new controller has a 3 pin for each fan and a 4 pin for each RGB - that reads:

Pin1 = B
Pin2 = R
Pin3 = G
Pin4 = 12v

There are two spare RGB ports which I was hoping to use for the memory, but the connectors on the memory only have 3 pins it looks like there were 4 but one hole is filled in. So there can only be 3 connected. Weirdly the three I can connect aren't in a row. So it's like:

Pin1
Pin2
No Pin
Pin4

However there is an adaptor that seems to change it to 3pin, but that just looks like a normal 3pin fan header. I'll do some experimenting with things later, but at the moment I'm not sure how it will all work if at all lol

The memory covers said they come with a controller, so I was expecting that to mean an RGB controller to plug them into since my MOBO doesn't have RGB headers... looks like it meant controller as in remote control... so that's no good when I have nothing to plug it into haha
Ok so those RAM blocks are going to be addressable RGB if they only have 3 pins. Do NOT plug them into your ordinary RGB controller! Majority of addressable RGB runs off 5V and majority of normal RGB is 12V so will fry them.

Can you show us the remote? It sounds like it might drive a simple circuit in-line?

Soldato
OP
It's these:

EZDIY-FAB RGB Addressable Memory RAM Cooler DDR Heatsink with Controller For DIY PC Game MOD DDR3 DDR4 (Compatible with ASUS Aura Sync,GIGABYTE RGB Fusion and MSI Mystic Light Sync)-Black-2 Pack

Soldato
OP
Ah well spotted dude!!

I've found and ordered these instead now:

EZDIY-FAB 12V RGB Memory RAM Cooler DDR Heatsink For DIY PC Game Overclocking MOD DDR3 DDR4 (Compatible with ASUS Aura Sync, MSI Mystic Light Sync, ASRock POLYCHROME) - Black-2 Pack

Looks like these may plug straight in...

Thanks so much!! :D

Back
Top Bottom