Lanning (monitor related)

Soldato
Hi there,

Now last november I bought a shiny new Eizo S2110B. I go to LANS (albeit not THAT often), maybe around less than 4 times a year. I bought a neoflex stand for my monitor, so it's all screwed to the desk. My question is this: should I buy a 19" monitor for lans, costing around £150, or should I pay £50 for a lan bag and unscrew my eizo and fit it back on to its old stand? This would be a bit of a pain - but I'd be saving a lot and aslong as I have my lan bag then the monitor *should* be safe. I'm really not sure what to do :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Get get a separate screen - you don't want to be moving the Eizo bad boy about too risky, even if it's 4 times a year.

It may be handy to have a spare screen around at other times aswell as the main screen for various things. Plus £150 for screen or £50 for bag - so that means £100 not at lot really.

Soldato
I would buy the low cost monitor...

-Easier to transport (whilst allowing main monitor to remain stationary)
-Can use dual screen at home (once you have tried, you won't go back to 1 screen easily)

For only 4 times a year though - The main reason to get the additional monitor is to use dual screen at home.
You'll not notice much difference when gaming, but if you do video/photo editing, or run a lot of applications at once - You'll love it.

So basically:
Would you benefit from dual screens?
(If you only game then not really)

If so - Get extra monitor.
If not - get the carry-case.

Soldato
OP
I'm not interested in dual screens, if I was I'd be paying another chunk for another Eizo. I'll probably get the carry case...if I spent £150 on another screen it'd just be sat there.

Soldato
Then for 4 times a year - Carry case. :)
(Or go to more LAN's!)

I was consdering is wee 17" for LAN'ing (12 times a year roughly) as a 21" CRT is cumbersome.

If it's only 4 times a year, would unscrewing it from its mount and taking the standard mount to LAN's not be OK?
Take it home, re-screw it in?

Back
Top Bottom