Lanparty SLI-D and Opteron 146 Issue

Soldato
OP
Need to get a decent graphics card first as I fried my 6800GT.

It seems I'm limited to 305 FSB (same as with venice so think its the mobo). Tried upping LDT, RAM and Chipset volts but no joy. Would like to push further as the chip definitely has more in it (have dropped vcore down to 1.55 now at 305 no probs). Anyone any ideas - suppose it could be the RAM again but already on largest multi so its only running at 157Mhz????

Seems stable - might just stop here and start lowering the volts a bit!

Soldato
TBirdUK said:
Would like to push further as the chip definitely has more in it (have dropped vcore down to 1.55 now at 305 no probs).

What are you testing the CPU with? I would suggest having a quick (30 min) test of both Small and Large FFTs in something like SP2004.

http://sp2004.fre3.com/

Many people (including myself) find AMD64's to stop very suddenly when you start increasing the volts. Once you're up to the 1.55 region, there's normally very little, if anything left.

Soldato
OP
Mmm, failed prime95 after 1h45mins @3ghz, 1.55v need to look at this as I think my RAM is the problem again. Think I need to buy some quality RAM. Temps are no problem. I'm also using 2gb RAM so will take a stick out and try that.

Thx for the sp2004, have downloaded and will try

Back
Top Bottom