Laptop Advice: Sony Vaio TR5MP...

Soldato
OP
Jeff Crawly said:
Buying a laptop based on what it looks like is both sad and stupid!!
Get a grip! It's not an item of clothing!
If your buying it so you can pose with it then thats very sad and pathetic tbh

IBM > Sony ...

WTF?

If you read my OP you'll see I'm asking to compare the TR5 and TX1 and 2?

Yes, and also the style plays a part...in that region Sony > IBM.

Associate
PAC2006 said:
but besides the slight CPU upgrade and HD, not much has changed on paper.

LED backlight for the screen which is also higher resolution. Not sure if the weight has changed, I expect it has though. The TX is carbon fibre, is the TR5?

Note - I have cancelled my TX2 order, I'm now going for a SZ1XP due in mid March.

Soldato
OP
Minority said:
LED backlight for the screen which is also higher resolution. Not sure if the weight has changed, I expect it has though. The TX is carbon fibre, is the TR5?

Note - I have cancelled my TX2 order, I'm now going for a SZ1XP due in mid March.

Hopefully we be able to get to see one sometime this weekend. I like the look of that SZ, had a look earlier...

Soldato
OP
Well I went and saw one on Saturday...

It was a TX1, thought I was looking at one before that thinking it was the TX series but it was the T1XP. Anyway, found the TX and my first impression was how much it looked the same. Anyway I read the spec and it was a 1.2ghz 60gb etc...

I could not believe how much better it looked in real life, than all the pictures on the net.

To my eyes the display looked smaller than my ex-TR1MP (at 10.6")...but it is 11.6"

Beautiful piece of equipment and has totally convinced me that this is the laptop to get.

Soooooooooo light & compact, just what I want in a laptop.

*Hopefully* be able to place order at the end of Feb, just as they are released.

I believe the spec I want is the same CPU with 1GB and 80GB Hard Drive with a Dual-Layer DVD-RW.

Looking forward to it :)

Soldato
I saw one of these in person the other day and they look amazing, the screen is very impressive considering its size. It all looks well put together, I still sit on my opinion that apart from the very top range, the other sony laptops have 'not so good' build quality. The laptops that compared to my IBM T43 seemed to miss a feature or was lacking in performance (considering unless you get a discount of some sort IBM laptops are horrendously expensive, but i wouldnt say overpriced). I have yet to find another brand of laptop where you can push the screen from the back and see the effects on the screen.

But I found i dont use my T43 as much as i thought I would and wish I bought an X41, the sony you're getting definitely is in the shortlist, give us a good review when you get it

Back
Top Bottom