Laptop advice

~D~

~D~

Associate
Hi there. I'm considering buying a laptop and after looking around, one has caught my eye:

Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7200
Windows Vista
12.1" WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display
1024MB 667MHz DDR2 RAM
120GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive
256MB nVidia® GeForce™ Go 7400 TurboCache graphics card
9 Cell, 80Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery

This is for £1,183.47

Basically I'm just looking for advice on my choice, and wondering if this is a good option.

I'm looking for an "ultra-portable" laptop as I'll be using it on trains for work and what-not. I have a desktop at home which I use for things like watching movies and I can't see myself doing too much of this on my travels. I'm not sure about the inclusion of the non-integrated graphics card, would I be needing this? Again I don't see myself gaming too heavily on this machine, but at the same time I don't want to limit myself too much.

I do want a reasonably high-performance laptop, especially one that I wont have to upgrade too soon and as I am not in dire need of a laptop yet, are there any major technological advancements coming soon that are worth waiting for? Or should I go ahead and buy one at the moment?

Preferably I'd like to be under the £1000 mark, but i could creep over by about £100 or so (as seen above)

Thank you for you time

Regards
~D~

~D~

~D~

Associate
OP
The place I am buying this from has limited customisation for their models, so it was either that graphics option, or the integrated option, which I'm not too keen on.

I've been looking around and I can't find any 'ultra-portables' that match this on spec and reviews.

Though from the last response I take it that nothing is overly wrong with this system.

Also, do Dell's allow future upgrade of RAM? (I'm not sure if this is standard practice in laptops or not)

Back
Top Bottom