Laptop (desktop replacement) suggestions

Associate
Hi Guys

I'm thinking of getting a laptop to replace my desktop for space saving reasons. I only have a small desk in the living room and often work from home with my company laptop. My idea is to have both on the desk at the same time as I currently take over the dinning table when working from home.

I would use the laptop mainly for gaming as well as usual internet browsing. I mainly play FPS (BF1, SW:BF, RS Seige, etc..)

Spec wise I would be looking for the following, and budget wise up to £2,000.00 max budget

Screen - 17 inch ideally (as I'm used to 24' inch + screens) mobility not an issue.
Res - 1080p is fine, but would need g-sync/freesync
GPU - GTX 1070/1060 (currently have 1070 and used to smooth game play with g-sync)
CPU - whatever i5/i7 you deem suitable. I'm not a content creator.
RAM - 16Gb minimum for some future proofing
SDD - 256Gb minimum
HDD - 1Tb secondary storage

Cheers for any help!

Associate
OP
Certainly fits the price bracket and spec. Don't see any mention of g-sync though, and I can't seem to find any confirmation the panel does have it? I've become accustomed to the adaptive sync goodness over the last year or so and that's one thing I don't really want to lose, even if it's only at 60hz - 75hz

Associate
GTX 1070 @ 1080p doesn't really need G-sync.

As an example I have a 1070 and 120Hz panel and can play ultra on Fallout 4 at 120fps.

Back
Top Bottom