Laptop for daughter, is this enough to play Minecraft on decent settings?

Soldato
Hi guys. It's my daughters' birthday in a week or so and I'm looking at buying he a laptop for basic homework, browsing the web, youtube, browser games and also Minecraft. Obviously the latter will be the most demanding, so I'm wondering if this spec would be enough to play it at a reasonable FPS/detail level:

Dell Vostro 15 3000 Series (3568) Laptop - £503
  • Intel Core i5-7200U 2.50GHz
  • 4GB DDR4 + 500GB HDD
  • Inter HD 520 Graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Is there anything better for a similar budget? I did look at other laptops which have dedicated graphics cards, but they all start around £650 which is more than I was ideally looking to spend.

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
OP
You can play Minecraft on a Raspberry Pi so that spec laptop wouldn't be a problem along with other requirements.
Haha thanks :)

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series Laptop, AMD A10, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6" - 4GB AMD Radeon R7 M445 ?
Thats a better spec overall, although the CPU is over 25% slower going on performance charts. I think I'd stick with the Vostro, but thanks.

Associate
Primarily Minecraft runs from RAM, so the extra 4GB would be an increase but it would still run fine on 4GB. You could always get that Dell Vostro 15 3000 and add an extra stick of RAM if required?

The HP 250 Core i7-6500U would be another option.

Soldato
OP
Primarily Minecraft runs from RAM, so the extra 4GB would be an increase but it would still run fine on 4GB. You could always get that Dell Vostro 15 3000 and add an extra stick of RAM if required?

The HP 250 Core i7-6500U would be another option.
That one has a much better HDD and more RAM and only gives up a little CPU performance, and it's cheaper - done. Thanks Delta.

Treat her to an Alienware laptop, 15% off right now. Go on....................:D
I might just treat myself in that case :D

Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom