Laptop for Parents

Associate
Hi fellas,

My mother is looking to replace her laptop as it's nearly 11 years old, and I'm not sure the kitchen table can support it's weight too much longer.

She really just does emails, browsing, word processing and some spreadsheets, so would be nice to have a good screen, but a lot of storage and graphical power are probably unecessary.

Budget is maximum around £800. I've ever really shopped for ultrabooks for my own work purposes so am a little unsure of what brands are good in the mid-range. Any help would be appreciated.

Soldato
If you're looking at specs then almost anything with 8GB RAM, at least 256GB SSD and an FHD preferably IPS screen will meet your mother's needs. Modern processors are so good you can almost forget about them but the AMD Ryzen CPUs have good graphics capability as a bonus.

Looking at the usual high-street suspect's web site, the HP Pavilion 15-eh0523sa for £599 is more than adequate and there are some cheaper HPs that could be considered. My wife's had an earlier model of the AMD Pavilion for almost two years and it's a pleasant PC to use.

You could also browse Lenovo's web site with the above specs as there usually some good deals to be had. The Ideapad 5i 15 could be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom