Laptop for warcraft?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Looking for a laptop for my g/f that is capable of playing world of warcraft. We were in a competitor the other day where we saw a couple of gateway laptops that looked really nice.

Problem is they had some intel built in gfx. How decent is that for games? it had a gig of ram and decent processor in it. Dont wanna buy it if it cant play wow though as thats the whole point :)

If it isnt any good but you can recommend a laptop for around £600 that is capable of running world of warcraft then let me know please.

Thanks guys

Soldato
On integrated graphics it would be a big no no, gaming laptops can be a bit pricey.

Try getting one with a half decent graphics card with its own video RAM.

Cannot think of any specific makes but Acer comes to mind.

Soldato
£550 way back (2+ years ago, getting on for 3)

1.5ghz Dothan.
256mb Ram
9700 mobility graphics.

Upgraded for £50 the ram to 768mb, runs WoW on medium perfectly fine for PVP and raiding.

Any computer you pick up should be fine, as long as it has the graphics by ATI or Nvidia of 64mb+. WoW is not that demanding on the graphics card at low settings, however you will need ram but that is easier to fix than rubbish graphics in a laptop.

1024 x 768 monitor res means mine is what you would call a portable one, however as the resolution increases so does the power of the computer. Do not be scared to run wow in a window!

Soldato
OP
LanceCrossfire said:
i was running wow on a core duo t2050, 512mb ddr2 pc4200, and an intel 945 intergrated graphics chip, with everything on low @1280x800 with a framerate that didnt drop below 25fps...

sweet, its a gateway laptop, has a core duo and a gig of ram, not sure which gfx chip but that sounds promising.

Back
Top Bottom