Laptop keeps turning off! need help

Associate
Hi everyone,

When I pull the a/c power cable out of my laptop to use the battery, my laptop automatically goes into sleep mode and turns off? then i have to turn it on again to resume.

Why is it doing this and how can i fix it?

I have a Samsung 700G7A ( Windows 7 Premium)

Associate
Have a quick scan of the power options in control panel.

In particular behavior such as "How long before sleep on: 1) Plugged in 2) battery"
Check nothings been changed down to a minimal amount of time.

If it's not plugged in but on battery, and you turn it on, does it function correctly? (i.e does it only happen when going from plugged in to battery, or whenever on battery)

Associate
OP
Have a quick scan of the power options in control panel.

In particular behavior such as "How long before sleep on: 1) Plugged in 2) battery"
Check nothings been changed down to a minimal amount of time.

If it's not plugged in but on battery, and you turn it on, does it function correctly? (i.e does it only happen when going from plugged in to battery, or whenever on battery)

I've checked the power settings and everything is fine.

The laptop works fine on battery power, it's just that as soon as it detects i've switched from a/c power to the battery, it automatically goes into sleep mode and turns off, and i have to turn it on again to resume.

Never experienced anything like this before...

Associate
OP
overheating possable if you able to get to the back fan without dissmantling it fully then try to clean it also the heatsing

The thing is it's a brand new laptop...only a few weeks old, so I don't think it would have much dust in it.

Any other suggestions? maybe I should call samsung tech support.

Top Bottom