Laptop repair issue Fujitsu Lifebook

Associate
Hi Folks,

I was given a Lifebook A152 by a friend of mine. Recently, She noticed, and i did too, that when she turned on the machine,
Straight away she gets no oot menu buttoboot info, just a completely white screen.

Now, I've even connected a HDMI cable to my monitor, reset the machine and tried press the buttons that it says are for entering the boot screens
but nothing, my monitor doesn't even turn on at all. Now, if i press F8 i think, the white screen will go black for a second, but then back to white.

Now, when booting again, if i press F1 or i think F2, i can remember which, the machine will keep making a beeping noise and won't stop.

Do any of you have any experience this this stuff?

I'm thinking it's something maybe CPU related and not so much display related? maybe ram. I haven't opened the machine yet.

Can you guys give me some tips, things to try.
New here.

Thanks in advance!!!

Anthony

Associate
OP
There'll be a key combination to enable output to an external screen (probably Fn+F10).

Hey man, ok i plugged in my HDMI cable from the TV into the machine. I'm tunring it on, and starting to press fn+F10 at the same time, I've held it, pressed it multiple times etc, no change still and amber
light on my monitor.
One this to note tho. After about 10 seconds without the hdmi, as in, when i just turn the machine on and i get the pure white screen, it'll go black for a few seconds. But
then come back white again.
Also. If i turn it on, and it's white, and start pressing FN+ F1 or F2, it starts beeping like crazy until i stop... any ideas?

I did this thing also Where i turned off the power with the button, i then removied the battery, and then the power cable, i then held the power button for 5 - 10 seconds.
I then readded the power cable, and turned the machine on again, and it was white again, i then inserted the battery again... still white...

Why can't i find out a layout option for all the options on my machine, the F keys map, the bios layout, so just in case its just the screen, and i can wing it by pressing the direction buttons etc
Could you help me?
I need a Bios screen layout for a Lifebook A Series. and i just simply need a Function key layout also.

Thanks

Associate
OP
There'll be a key combination to enable output to an external screen (probably Fn+F10).
This is a Nightmare, before i Joined the OCUK forums the other day, u joined the Fujitsu ones you know, using my head like... Im STILL waiting on a reply with validation nearly 3 days later on the first one, i made ANOTHEr one bcause i forgot, and now i have to wait for THAT one ffs! lol

By the way dude, When i just presss F2 or F12 on their own a couple of times the machine beeps however many times i press those 2.
Also, Make any sense that even though the screen is pure white and isn't changing, apart from when it goes completley black for a few seconds after being on for about 15 seconds.
But what i CAN do... is use Fn + F5 and 6... which increae and decrease the brightness of the screen... offer any help?

Associate
OP
Hi guys, i can't output to another screen using HDMI (I tried it multiple times). The only thing i can do, is, when it's on and the screen is white, i can turn up and down the brightness with the Fn F* keys... any ideas?

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom