Late 2014 iMac screen issues

Av8

Av8

Associate
Hi all,

I have a late 2014 27” 5k iMac, it’s out of AppleCare warranty now since April or May. I have issues with the screen like it’s retaining images from browser address titlebar or window icons etc, usual from the advice from Apple is to keep running a screensaver longer than time I’ve used the iMac. It’s ok saying that but it starts retaining images extremely quickly.

Not sure what make of screen it is for the 2014 5k, does anyone know if this problem has been rectified with a newer 5k iMac as I’ve heard this is a fairly common problem in those 2014 iMac’s.

tia,

Av8

Soldato
What you're describing is what Apple calls 'Image persistence'. There has been no Repair extension programs that I know of so it's unlikely to have changed on newer models as I'm pretty sure they deem it as normal (which I am not saying I agree with).

Av8

Av8

Associate
OP
Thanks dirtybeatfreak for your reply, looks like it’s not worth me upgrading then to the latest iMac.

From what you say and others have said on the searches I’ve seen on the net being a theme of usual behaviour from the screen, but no one had until you have mentioned newer models haven’t sort have had a fix.
Just glad I’ve not got the latest iMac model to experience the same.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom