• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

latest batch of 3700+, how do they overclock?

Associate
It will be for my mum later after I had a little play with it. see how far i can O/C it

I may pay the extra and go the 3700+ San Diego core.

Associate
OP
Simon D said:
It will be for my mum later after I had a little play with it. see how far i can O/C it.

i recon the Venice would be all you need in that case. they overclock well, and really wouldnt be noticeably slower than a San Diego, save the tenner dude.

Associate
I'd have to say, spend the tenner and get the 3700+ with the extra cache ram.

You can overclock to get extra speed but you cannot add extra cache ram.

Associate
OP
Double the cache is near equal to an extra 200mhz on an overclock. So you can always overclock to compensate, but in this case a Venice will have to clock over 3.2ghz to level peg with these latest 3700+'s, a mean feet to say the least!

Associate
I have another question.

What are the difference between the E4 (1.35/1.4v) & E6 (1.35v) core, other than the vcore which is lower.

which one would be a better bet to O/C the E6 core chip is £4 more than the E4

Thanks

Simon

Associate
OP
E4 stepping 3700+ uses a San Diego core, while the E6 stepping 3700+ uses a Toledo dual core with an entire core disabled, in practice would have the same performance to that of a San Diego.
in oc terms there wouldnt be much in it.

Back
Top Bottom