Latest MB / MBP

Associate
With my student discount the latest macbook and macbook pro and the same price.

Is there an obvious choice which to choose? The extra inch on the Pro would be decent but otherwise i’m unsure.

Girder

Commissario
I would say it depends on what you want to use it for and how portable you want it to be. The MB is far more portable than even the 13" Pro but it's less powerful. Personally I laugh at my son when he's using his MBP and the fans kick in where I'm sitting there with my MB absolutely silent. Generally I tilt my head to one side and say something along the lines of "what's that noise?". His answer is always the same "It's the sound a real computer makes".

My MB is used for web, email, SSH, media consumption and the occasional photo editing and it's absolutely fine for everything I do. He plays games on his which is why the fans ramp up.

Associate
OP
interesting, are the basic specs not the same? it’s use will be watching HD content, writing documents, that sort of thing. Screen quality is most important

Man of Honour
I prefer the pro. But feel 128gb is far too small, especially as you now can't augment it with an sdcard. It's like buying a 16gb iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom