*** League of Legends ***

Soldato
You should only put 2 points in W and max Q first - you're looking to harass as much as possible with Q, taking most of the damage instead of your carry. It's important to start with health pots on Sona for this reason. You want to start with the mana regen item part of the philo stone, 3 wards and 3 health pots.

Please dont listen to that advice :( If you want to be a useful support that is powerful mid game then level W when you can and E as 2nd priority, you only get 1 level of Q at the start of the game for poking in lane, your E is unbelievably strong if used right. Also health potions at the start are really pointless, sometimes i start with 3 wards and 1 hp 1 mana, but lately its just 2 mana instead, your W can heal for plenty as its a short cooldown.

Soldato
is cho'gath much good?
ive got enough points now for a 1350ish IP champ and fancy a change from ryze

Cho is awesome but when you start you will suck, he has 'skill shot' abilities that require practice but he is really fun once you get good-ish with him.

You tried any support classes yet? I find them very rewarding, people like Soraka, Taric (my fav), Alistair, helping out the team rather than simply doing inzane damagez to your opponents?

Soldato
i'm still very new to the game so i'm not very knowledgable about the roles yet. I tend to look up everything on lolwiki. I'm open to all suggestions for a newb lol. Support could be ok, do they have to run around with another person though? As in, they cant hold a lane on their own?

Associate
Cho is good fun.can play as a tank or ap or jungle.once he hits 6 feast is awesome.health for you and a dead minion or enemy champ :).his q is a great initiator but can be tricky to land as there is a slight delay before it lands.then pop in with you w and you will have a nice cone of silence in front of you.his e is a toggle that makes your basic attacks fire spikes a short distance behind the target.this is good for farming especially once levelled up.it scales off AP as well.
Plus his passive heals him as well as restores some mana per kill giving him great lane sustain.
I have recently tried him with a wits end which gives him attack speed and magic resistance as well as bonus magic damage.makes him even better for farming.ive also built Rysials crystal sceptre.gives him more ap and health and it's passive the slow works with your e.so once you get in the teamfight you can help to make it so none escape.

Soldato
Please dont listen to that advice :( If you want to be a useful support that is powerful mid game then level W when you can and E as 2nd priority, you only get 1 level of Q at the start of the game for poking in lane, your E is unbelievably strong if used right. Also health potions at the start are really pointless, sometimes i start with 3 wards and 1 hp 1 mana, but lately its just 2 mana instead, your W can heal for plenty as its a short cooldown.

By the time team fights start happening you will have Shurelia's. It's better than your E. And your W will be max level by then.

A maxed Q is much more useful in lane, especially when your jungler ganks. Sona is a damage dealing support. That's how most people play her. I get health potions because I am extremely aggressive when I play Sona. I bully the hell out of the carry and my main goal is to stop him from getting CS. I've had more won lanes playing like this than playing passively and just healing.

If you just want to heal then pick Soraka.

Last edited:
Associate
I switched a couple of my old MP5 per level runes for some flat MP5 ones and the 2 Faeries chains seem to work better for me early on. Once I've got tear and Philo stone I'm fine, guess it was just the low MP5 runes early on ^^

Soldato
Atmogs Sona sounds er... interesting. How are you even getting the gold for this as well as warding/oracles? If you want to watch a good Sona then try and find nhat nyhguns (or whatever he's called) stream, he plays support 24/7 although don't expect him to got atmogs.

Cho's rupture is hard to see on the winter map, abuse it while you can. Brands/Annies cold skin effects arn't all that easy to see either.

Associate
What the hell is wrong with half the people that play this game?! Made the mistake of trying a solo game last night thinking i might get an OK team. How wrong I was.

First issue was team selection. The randoms picked malphite, jungle rammus, twitch :)confused:) and Fizz. I figured I'd support Twitch so I went bottom with him and spent the entire time warding and healing him while letting him farm. End result was that this guy started feeding anyway despite my best efforts. It was still going ok though since our Fizz was on 7/1.

So the team fights start which is where out team selection falls completely dead. We have no form of DPS except Fizz and I'm spending half the time trying to avoid getting killed by Pantheon and Xin Zhao who keep focusing me. I'm still managing to not feed at the point but we're just not killing anything.

This is where it gets pants on head retarded. Our Malphite states that we need to play more defensively which everyone seems to agree on. Literally 5 seconds later he's chasing the enemy team down the river for no reason (Dragon was already dead) and engaging them. I don't know why. There was no tower to defend and no-one was being attacked. I tried to help but it was obvious that we were going to lose the fight so two of us ran. That was it. It's now 100% my fault that we've lost.

They had a go at me for "running away and not doing anything" when what actually happened was Pantheon and Xin Zhao both did their jumping attacks on me and I had to run away to avoid dying. I think the lowest point was someone having a go at me for not having creep kills as a support.

Soldato
I've started getting fps drops on this game since the patch last night :(

Mainly on the snowy summoners rift.
Tried setting stuff down but makes no difference :(

On SoloQ I just close the client if people pick stupidly. Other night had people lock-in with a team of twitch, ashe & cait :eek:
I just wait to see what champs people pick and pick something myself that will benefit the team (doesn't matter some of time tho as they have no clue how to play despite being lvl30)

Feel sorry for some people from reading the stuff on tribunal aswell :rolleyes:

Associate
Last time I checked there were quite a few items in the shop... If the game was meant to be played with a rigid set of itemisation, there would be about 18 items :p Aggressive players play differently. I'm overcautious in my playstyle, so I'd rather have a good base of mana and regen so I know I'm ok to spam heal and speed buff in case of a gank attempt. Other people will make do with pots and stuff to get them through... It's a case of whatever does it for you.

Back
Top Bottom