Leak testing

Associate
^^ agreed.

Take your time when fitting the water blocks to make sure seals and screws are aligned and tight, fill slowly and take a look.

EK blocks come with a warranty leak tested seal on. Just double check your fittings :)

If it does leak, nothing a bit of kitchen roll and rotating the case cant fix

Soldato
It's not a bad idea, but if there was a drop in air pressure then how would you find the leak? Would it be guaranteed to be making a hissing sound?

I'm just about to overhaul my system so I might try to source some fittings and do this. I actually think I do have a leak in my system and it's coming from 2 rotary fittings which I think are probably the biggest risk in terms of leaks. However, it might just be some condensation due to the temperature being close to zero right now. That might actually be causing the leak as the fittings will be shrinking slightly in the cold. Pumping some air in there might prove that one way or the other.

Anyone got any ideas where to source the parts?

Soldato
It's not a bad idea, but if there was a drop in air pressure then how would you find the leak? Would it be guaranteed to be making a hissing sound?

I'm just about to overhaul my system so I might try to source some fittings and do this. I actually think I do have a leak in my system and it's coming from 2 rotary fittings which I think are probably the biggest risk in terms of leaks. However, it might just be some condensation due to the temperature being close to zero right now. That might actually be causing the leak as the fittings will be shrinking slightly in the cold. Pumping some air in there might prove that one way or the other.

Anyone got any ideas where to source the parts?

I have a dr drop, works perfectly and it was about £20 so I’m of the opinion it’s good value...

Usually you will hear a hiss but it’s pretty easy to test where it comes from by isolating certain components and testing. I find it worthwhile for a quick test before filling, usually done by just attaching to the drain port and putting air in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just picked one up. :)

I think they are not the most robust things which is why, many people drop it and it’s not reading right after that but I’ve had no issues with it + bike pump to put the air in (unless you got the kit which includes pump). So yeah just try not to throw it about ;)

Soldato
Yes, I ordered the kit with the pump. I'll post back my thoughts on the kit shortly. I'll be stripping some blocks for cleaning etc.. so should get some use.

It’s ideal for testing the block seals for sure! My advice is test as you assemble to make leaks easier to find - so put block in, connect to rad but stop on rad out and test the in port on block. Keep expanding as you go, use chunky seals on your extender to the drop as it doesn’t seal too great with some of the thinner G1/4 vs bitspower thicker oring

Back
Top Bottom