Learning a skill in isolation

Soldato
I've been playing more guitar the usual. I am working, so I don't have absolute free time and consequently, I'm not really feeling the pressure to learn a new skill or even do anything in particular! Making sure I have nailed our band's music, though, has been a good use of my time.

Soldato
Thanks for this man, really great advice. I might have to ping you more Qs should I be able to sneak this in the house :p

EDIT: ok the link hadn't loaded... not sure I can sneak this in this month since I just ordered every single part for a go kart, which I am about to get routine amounts of **** for, so this might be a May addition!

An experienced welder can manage just fine with a cheap £150 Sealy/Clarke.

For a beginner, especially if you are wanting to deal with thin stuff like car bodywork. A more expensive machine using proper argoshileed rather than disposable O2 cylinders is much more forgiving (And satisfying)

This is the modern equivalent of the welder I bought some years ago.

https://migtigarc.co.uk/tecarc-prof-mig-c181-compact-mig-welder-241-p.asp

I have always been very pleased with it. They even supplied mine with a plug weld timer on request at very little additional charge.

of particular note is the low amps rage, this you need for thin metal.

Your cheap 180 amp sealley/clarke will often only go down to 40 amps (or even higher). Ok for shipbuilding (Until it overheats) but not much good for welding up ones MX5 :p

Hobbyweld https://hobbyweld.co.uk/ can provide exchange rent free cylinders so you can get propper gas without having to have a BOC/AP account.

Soldato
I'm practicing on these for an hour or 2 a day (decks) and I feel like i'm making progress. I did buy the midi keyboard to try and learn to play piano, progress not so good on that though, my co-ordination between hands is awful :(

49740624453_1bb1d34ba2_b_d.jpg
49740624453_1bb1d34ba2_b_d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom