Leasing and insurance.

Associate
Really thinking about get a Fiesta zetec s on a lease deal for 2 years but will be leased under the wife's name.
When it comes to insuring will she have to insure it and me a named driver or can it just be me on my own as she will never drive it as she only has an auto license.

Soldato
Lease co won't care so long as its insured

Insurance co won't care so long as you tell them a lease co are owners.

Double check it with the lease co but can't see an issue - no different to company leasing really

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Mundane car like a little fiesta surely you are much better off just buying a cheap used one even if it is with a bank loan?

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;27181129 said:
Just lease it in your name rather than the name of someone who cannot even drive it?

Not an option at the moment.

Mundane car like a little fiesta surely you are much better off just buying a cheap used one even if it is with a bank loan?

After looking at discounted new prices and what a 2 year old Fiesta is going for it makes no real difference if I lease or buy.

Brand new model I can get for £12.5k.
Two years old around £10k.
Total lease cost is £2856 including deposit for 2 years.

So if I went second hand I would miss one years warranty which could lead to something costing £££.
Plus I like being the 1st owner.

Soldato
Not an option at the moment.

After looking at discounted new prices and what a 2 year old Fiesta is going for it makes no real difference if I lease or buy.

Brand new model I can get for £12.5k.
Two years old around £10k.
Total lease cost is £2856 including deposit for 2 years.

So if I went second hand I would miss one years warranty which could lead to something costing £££.
Plus I like being the 1st owner.

Can you link me to the deal?

Man of Honour
If you like being the first owner leasing isn't for for you as you don't own the car you simply rent it.

Putting it in the name of someone who can't drive it sounds a bit odd, is it even allowed? Just get it in your name, can't imagine why thats not an option.

Don
[TW]Fox;27181487 said:
If you like being the first owner leasing isn't for for you as you don't own the car you simply rent it.

Putting it in the name of someone who can't drive it sounds a bit odd, is it even allowed? Just get it in your name, can't imagine why thats not an option.

maybe for finance approval reasons?

Associate
OP
Can you provide further details on the lease? Is it an online offer or can you let me know the dealer?
Thanks

Sorry it my wife's brother which work for Ford leasing and can get her rather good deals.
Having just been told that we can get an Fiesta ST-3 for not many more penny's each month I think we might go for one of them.

Don
just to answer original question, a while ago I leased a car for my wife to use, it was insured in her name with no issues at all

Permabanned
In that case, perhaps financing a car isn't a good idea at all until you've sold the flat?

I hardly post on here but these comments irritate me.

Why are you so concerned about his financial information?

You have no idea what his situation is.

If he wants to lease a car he will lease a car.

Associate
OP
All ordered now anyway. Got an ST2 in blue for £138 per month with free service and tyres comp.
Hopefully should be with me in 14 days, so a nice early Xmas present.

Back
Top Bottom