LED or Plasma - Which way to purchase?

Associate
Posted in another thread about a certain TV I wanted, and after 6 years since my last purchase, it appears I have got completly out of touch with the progress of TV's in that time, since I never kept upto date with that side of things

As my Sony TV is showing its age, I am looking for a 46" TV (no larger) that will be hooked upto the PC, and will be used heavily for gaming (primarily my beast of a PC) but maybe some PS3 & XBOX as well, light web browsing, light film viewing.

Based on what I have said above, does anyone know the best TV I should be going for? I just need to get upto speed, as I will probably jump at purchasing one when the boxing day sales start off. A ceiling limit in terms of cost? Well, if there was a payment plan available, anything upto £1,500 as I am not looking to purchase a TV for a long, long time after this

Associate
OP
The only negative thing about plasma seems to be the large power consumption. Hopefully someone can give me a "best of" choice for me to go looking, as I currently have my eye on the Samsung's 46" flagship LED TV, but as this is a massive purchase, I dont want to go running in and making a mistake

Associate
OP
I am looking at the moment at the Sony KDL-46HX853. The plus for this model is that it won the What Hi-Fi awards for models in the 46" range. Is this something good to look at? Always went for Sony before, but not sure anymore

Associate
OP
I think this time I would prefer to go into a shop to purchase this screen, rather than waiting for the delivery man, especially when I would prefer the finance route rather than rinsing the credit/debit cards to pay the whole amount up front

Back
Top Bottom